Introducing 14k Gold, read more on the blog.
Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Head Shaped Mug
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Head Shaped Mug [message #67848] Sun, 12 May 2013 14:44 UTC Go to next message
avatar kkeras  is currently offline kkeras
Go to all my models
Have had an idea for a product prototype in mind for sometime now but not sure best way to proceed. Looking to create a drink mug (about the size of a beer mug) that is shaped like a baseball players head. This would include an old school (no ear flaps) batting helmet that would flip open to fill and include a hole in the very top to accommodate a drinking straw. This product would be of a likeness to an actual athlete although at this time I would not want to disclose the identity as I plan how to deal with licensing issues. For now, assume that it is someone who looks like a young Nomar Garciaparra. Facial features would be smoothed out, perhaps widened. Any ideas on how to create such a likeness given that the actual person may not be available during prototyping stages?
Re: Head Shaped Mug [message #67851 is a reply to message #67848 ] Sun, 12 May 2013 17:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar CADNinja  is currently offline CADNinja
Go to my shop
Hello

This already exists. I had a Hank Aaron one.

Somebody could create one with their childs mug on the mug. No pun.

That's a good idea

Jeff
Re: Head Shaped Mug [message #67852 is a reply to message #67848 ] Sun, 12 May 2013 17:53 UTC Go to previous message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
If you want an integral lid (i.e. all printed in one go), then the only materials open to you are the plastics, and they are not food safe.

It also might be quite pricey...

Previous Topic:1990 Mercedes Benz W124 part needed!
Next Topic:Disc Brake Adapter for MTB