Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Need help fixing current model!!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon4.gif  Need help fixing current model!! [message #67617] Wed, 08 May 2013 11:01 UTC Go to next message
avatar sunsun88  is currently offline sunsun88
Go to all my models
Basically, I have a 3D model attached below that I would like to print for my fiance for our 1 year anniversary. They are Legend of Zelda cufflinks, and when I wanted them printed, Shapeways told me that it was too fragile to print.

I had originally gotten this model from another website that had their models free to download and print for myself, and I'm at a loss at how to make this work.

Essentially, the issues are:
Reason: Thin walls on cufflink (0,7 mm also to thin, minimal 1 mm)
Additional information: ingraving on bottom of cuff 0,02 mm!

If anyone can just help me out for a moment I would be eternally grateful! Crying or Very Sad ........

• Attachment: cufflinks.dae
    (Size: 678.85KB, Downloaded 13 time(s))

Re: Need help fixing current model!! [message #67618 is a reply to message #67617 ] Wed, 08 May 2013 11:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Specifically, here is the attached file of the errors that needed to be corrected before I can actually print the product.

Re: Need help fixing current model!! [message #67619 is a reply to message #67618 ] Wed, 08 May 2013 11:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar denali3ddesign  is currently offline denali3ddesign
Go to my shop
What material are you trying to print in?

Pssst! I wrote a book to help you quickly get your Sketchup models ready for printing. Click here to get it on Amazon
Re: Need help fixing current model!! [message #67621 is a reply to message #67618 ] Wed, 08 May 2013 12:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar denali3ddesign  is currently offline denali3ddesign
Go to my shop
This should work. Upload as mm...

Pssst! I wrote a book to help you quickly get your Sketchup models ready for printing. Click here to get it on Amazon
Re: Need help fixing current model!! [message #67658 is a reply to message #67621 ] Wed, 08 May 2013 18:36 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
To answer your last question, I was trying to print in SIlver.
And THANK YOU!! I'll try printing the one you've attached!

Just letting you know that you're a really great person for doing this favour for a stranger Smile

Previous Topic:Looking for modeler to model an existing broken part for a hinge
Next Topic:Making plastic replacement parts

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.