Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Need help fixing current model!!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon4.gif  Need help fixing current model!! [message #67617] Wed, 08 May 2013 11:01 UTC Go to next message
avatar sunsun88  is currently offline sunsun88
Go to all my models
Basically, I have a 3D model attached below that I would like to print for my fiance for our 1 year anniversary. They are Legend of Zelda cufflinks, and when I wanted them printed, Shapeways told me that it was too fragile to print.

I had originally gotten this model from another website that had their models free to download and print for myself, and I'm at a loss at how to make this work.

Essentially, the issues are:
Reason: Thin walls on cufflink (0,7 mm also to thin, minimal 1 mm)
Additional information: ingraving on bottom of cuff 0,02 mm!

If anyone can just help me out for a moment I would be eternally grateful! Crying or Very Sad ........

• Attachment: cufflinks.dae
    (Size: 678.85KB, Downloaded 12 time(s))

Re: Need help fixing current model!! [message #67618 is a reply to message #67617 ] Wed, 08 May 2013 11:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Specifically, here is the attached file of the errors that needed to be corrected before I can actually print the product.

Re: Need help fixing current model!! [message #67619 is a reply to message #67618 ] Wed, 08 May 2013 11:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar denali3ddesign  is currently offline denali3ddesign
Go to my shop
What material are you trying to print in?

-Marcus
Re: Need help fixing current model!! [message #67621 is a reply to message #67618 ] Wed, 08 May 2013 12:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar denali3ddesign  is currently offline denali3ddesign
Go to my shop
This should work. Upload as mm...

-Marcus
Re: Need help fixing current model!! [message #67658 is a reply to message #67621 ] Wed, 08 May 2013 18:36 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
To answer your last question, I was trying to print in SIlver.
And THANK YOU!! I'll try printing the one you've attached!

Just letting you know that you're a really great person for doing this favour for a stranger Smile

Previous Topic:Looking for modeler to model an existing broken part for a hinge
Next Topic:Making plastic replacement parts