Home » Community » Introductions » Hello Shapemakers
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Hello Shapemakers [message #67578] Tue, 07 May 2013 11:07 UTC Go to next message
avatar adminsmithee  is currently offline adminsmithee
Go to my shop
Hello I'm a Dutch media designer from the Netherlands. I just joined this marvellous site and can't wait to see how this all pans out.
Re: Hello Shapemakers [message #67585 is a reply to message #67578 ] Tue, 07 May 2013 14:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva is currently online Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Welcome! Let us know more about you!

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Hello Shapemakers [message #67586 is a reply to message #67585 ] Tue, 07 May 2013 15:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Sorry about that Embarassed

1) What brings you to Shapeways?
I always wanted to get involved in 3D printing and since a descent 3D printer is out of reach for my Shapeways seams a perfect solution.
2) Where are you from?
I'm from the Netherlands, North Brabant. Close to Eindhoven.
3) What are your interests or hobbies that you plan on using Shapeways for?
I love to see my designs come to live. So i hope to make some money on the side that i can invest in my own projects
4) Your software (Don't have one? Look here for a list of known compatible software!)
I use Sketchup for most of my modelling and i use it daily for my work. but i know my way around 3dsMax. i also am very knowledgeable with the adobe suit
5) Your experience level
well let other people judge about that...

Here is my first Shapeways project
Re: Hello Shapemakers [message #67587 is a reply to message #67578 ] Tue, 07 May 2013 15:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva is currently online Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Ah sweet! A pre-assembled Bird house. Thanks for sharing! You'll have to hook up with Bart, our European community manager. If you'd like to join a meetup in the area, or even check out the facility. I haven't even got to do that yet! (I'm in the US).

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Hello Shapemakers [message #67599 is a reply to message #67587 ] Tue, 07 May 2013 21:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Youknowwho4eva wrote on Tue, 07 May 2013 15:12

Ah sweet! A pre-assembled Bird house.

Looks more like an "insect hotel" to me - those seem to be the latest craze at least in Germany.
Re: Hello Shapemakers [message #67612 is a reply to message #67587 ] Wed, 08 May 2013 06:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I will, thanx for the Tip! i love me some meetup
Re: Hello Shapemakers [message #67613 is a reply to message #67599 ] Wed, 08 May 2013 06:57 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
mkroeker wrote on Tue, 07 May 2013 21:44

Youknowwho4eva wrote on Tue, 07 May 2013 15:12

Ah sweet! A pre-assembled Bird house.

Looks more like an "insect hotel" to me - those seem to be the latest craze at least in Germany.

It's actual a decorative piece to attach to your home and/or garden plants. you attach it with a rubber band to the trunk of a plant (with a straight(ish)stem).
I wonder if it would be possible to print it in Ceramic.

Previous Topic:Hi everyone!
Next Topic:Hello! Friends

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.