Home » Community » Introductions » Hello I'm a newbie !!!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Hello I'm a newbie !!! [message #46843] Thu, 12 April 2012 02:29 UTC Go to next message
avatar mikeconant  is currently offline mikeconant
Go to all my models
Hi what brings me to shapeways,umm this site is just freaking awsome i never knew that anything like this could be done. I'm from Ohio and and my favorite hobby is wrenching and riding motorcycles. I also like to fabricate anything that i can for them myself , I like the old school chopper or bobber look. I have a few ideas or designs that i would like to make that i know other people would really like. I was looking into casting but my neighbor who is a computer guru told me about this site and for what i want to do i think would be so much easier. I have no experience in any of this and been looking at some of the software but don't know which is the best to use. I would like to find one that I can use a photo of my project and convert it to 3d to make it available for printing. So if anyone can help it would be great,and by the way did i mention that this is some of the coolest stuff i've seen thank you. Very Happy
Re: Hello I'm a newbie !!! [message #46859 is a reply to message #46843 ] Thu, 12 April 2012 14:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Welcome to Shapeway! If your within driving distance of Baltimore, we're having a community meetup on the 26th. There will be lots of people to give you insight on what software will work best for you.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Hello I'm a newbie !!! [message #46878 is a reply to message #46859 ] Thu, 12 April 2012 18:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mikeconant  is currently offline mikeconant
Go to all my models
Thank you for the info is that Baltimore, Maryland or in Ohio was just wondering cause if its in Baltimore, Ohio I definitely will go.
Re: Hello I'm a newbie !!! [message #46879 is a reply to message #46843 ] Thu, 12 April 2012 18:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Nope sorry, Baltimore MD.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Hello I'm a newbie !!! [message #67546 is a reply to message #46843 ] Mon, 06 May 2013 17:35 UTC Go to previous message
avatar ericjjenson  is currently offline ericjjenson
Go to all my models
Check this out... Orange County Choppers using 3D Printing

vimeo.com/58203715

Previous Topic:Gidday mate!
Next Topic:Hello. New to the forum and 3d printing.