Home » Community » General Discussion » Using Pre-made Textures as part of Material?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Using Pre-made Textures as part of Material? [message #67461] Sun, 05 May 2013 03:35 UTC Go to next message
avatar TomixNscale89  is currently offline TomixNscale89
Go to all my models
Hello all,

I recently made this model of the Super Nintendo Star Fox Arwing model in sketchup, and then baked it in Blender.

http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g371/TomixNscale89/Screenshot_93_zps1dd3f3fd.png

When uploading the model, i did it in a zip format, with the obj, mtl, and then the png of the texture inside the zip. However, when uploaded, the model appeared to be white like this:

http://i.imgur.com/KuuZbXe.png

How do i add the textures so when the model is printed, the textures are on it?

Thanks,

~Tomix
Re: Using Pre-made Textures as part of Material? [message #67471 is a reply to message #67461 ] Sun, 05 May 2013 10:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Export to VRML or X3D format, I do not think shapeways reads texture information from OBJ files yet.
Re: Using Pre-made Textures as part of Material? [message #67499 is a reply to message #67461 ] Sun, 05 May 2013 19:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I can't speak for Blender but in ZBrush you have to assign a UV Map to your model and export as VRML with the texture. I'm sure it will be the same for Blender.

Edited to add: Also, I don't know what size your model is but I think you will have some serious thin wall issues getting this printed in FC Sandstone. Please check the material design requirements.

[Updated on: Sun, 05 May 2013 19:46 UTC]

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Using Pre-made Textures as part of Material? [message #67515 is a reply to message #67499 ] Mon, 06 May 2013 02:59 UTC Go to previous message
avatar TomixNscale89  is currently offline TomixNscale89
Go to all my models
Thanks, the model is most likely not sturdy enough for sandstone anyway. I did reupload it using .x3d format, and for some reason it lost a few polygons when it imported. It also did not seem to render the baked texture map i gave it, so i will most likely just go with White strong and flexible as the material.

~Tomix

Previous Topic:Weekend Contest #10: Combining materials
Next Topic:Copyright question

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.