Home » Community » General Discussion » Using Pre-made Textures as part of Material?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Using Pre-made Textures as part of Material? [message #67461] Sun, 05 May 2013 03:35 UTC Go to next message
avatar TomixNscale89  is currently offline TomixNscale89
Go to all my models
Hello all,

I recently made this model of the Super Nintendo Star Fox Arwing model in sketchup, and then baked it in Blender.

http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g371/TomixNscale89/Screenshot_93_zps1dd3f3fd.png

When uploading the model, i did it in a zip format, with the obj, mtl, and then the png of the texture inside the zip. However, when uploaded, the model appeared to be white like this:

http://i.imgur.com/KuuZbXe.png

How do i add the textures so when the model is printed, the textures are on it?

Thanks,

~Tomix
Re: Using Pre-made Textures as part of Material? [message #67471 is a reply to message #67461 ] Sun, 05 May 2013 10:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Export to VRML or X3D format, I do not think shapeways reads texture information from OBJ files yet.
Re: Using Pre-made Textures as part of Material? [message #67499 is a reply to message #67461 ] Sun, 05 May 2013 19:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
I can't speak for Blender but in ZBrush you have to assign a UV Map to your model and export as VRML with the texture. I'm sure it will be the same for Blender.

Edited to add: Also, I don't know what size your model is but I think you will have some serious thin wall issues getting this printed in FC Sandstone. Please check the material design requirements.

[Updated on: Sun, 05 May 2013 19:46 UTC]

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Using Pre-made Textures as part of Material? [message #67515 is a reply to message #67499 ] Mon, 06 May 2013 02:59 UTC Go to previous message
avatar TomixNscale89  is currently offline TomixNscale89
Go to all my models
Thanks, the model is most likely not sturdy enough for sandstone anyway. I did reupload it using .x3d format, and for some reason it lost a few polygons when it imported. It also did not seem to render the baked texture map i gave it, so i will most likely just go with White strong and flexible as the material.

~Tomix

Previous Topic:Weekend Contest #10: Combining materials
Next Topic:Copyright question