Home » Support » 3D Printing » Printing multiple materials
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Printing multiple materials [message #67334] Thu, 02 May 2013 17:17 UTC Go to next message
avatar PillarsOfCreation  is currently offline PillarsOfCreation
Go to my shop
OK, I apologize in advance if this has already been answered.

I see that models can be printed with multiple materials, what do I have to do to do that? As an example, a set of dice that are white with black dots.

Thanks,
P O C
Re: Printing multiple materials [message #67336 is a reply to message #67334 ] Thu, 02 May 2013 17:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
There are printers that offer multiple materials. We don't offer multiple materials though. We do have full color sandstone which allows you to upload a texture map with your VRML or X3D file to print models that are colored as they are printed.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Printing multiple materials [message #67338 is a reply to message #67336 ] Thu, 02 May 2013 17:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar PillarsOfCreation  is currently offline PillarsOfCreation
Go to my shop
Thanks. I saw it on a youtube video, an iPhone case by Shapeways. I guess that was OBE.

P O C
Re: Printing multiple materials [message #70297 is a reply to message #67336 ] Sat, 22 June 2013 00:27 UTC Go to previous message
avatar SomniumDS  is currently offline SomniumDS
Go to my shop
What about printing multiple parts and putting them together? Are the printers accurate enough to do that?

Previous Topic:missing texture for color printing?
Next Topic:How do I unify multiple SHELLS into a single shell in a .STL file??