Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » General Discussion » Is there any opportunity to exchange/trade figures/models in the shapeways universe?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Is there any opportunity to exchange/trade figures/models in the shapeways universe? [message #67192] Tue, 30 April 2013 20:23 UTC Go to next message
avatar kriegspieler  is currently offline kriegspieler
Go to all my models
I've discovered that there are no exchange possible from shapeways dealers, so is there any opportunity to exchange/trade anywhere?
Re: Is there any opportunity to exchange/trade figures/models in the shapeways universe? [message #67216 is a reply to message #67192 ] Wed, 01 May 2013 05:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Sorry, but can you explain what you mean?

Cheers,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Is there any opportunity to exchange/trade figures/models in the shapeways universe? [message #67311 is a reply to message #67216 ] Thu, 02 May 2013 04:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar kriegspieler  is currently offline kriegspieler
Go to all my models
What I mean is, is there any clearinghouse available for trading if what you purchased turns out to not be what you wanted? I now realize that there is no way to exchange my purchase for something else. The artist has not gotten back to me. If I have to, I suppose I could go on eBay and try to get some money out of the 1/700 SM. 79's I purchased. I just thought there'd be something on/in the shapeways "universe" to go that route.
Sorry for the confusion.
Re: Is there any opportunity to exchange/trade figures/models in the shapeways universe? [message #67316 is a reply to message #67311 ] Thu, 02 May 2013 07:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Ah right. Well we don't have a place for that yet, but feel free to start a forum thread and see how it goes!

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Is there any opportunity to exchange/trade figures/models in the shapeways universe? [message #67322 is a reply to message #67192 ] Thu, 02 May 2013 12:51 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
You could also find forums that specialize in the item you bought. May be someone there that will take it off your hands rather than waiting for us to print it for them.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:Printing car parts
Next Topic:Submissions not registering on my models page

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.