Home »  » 3D Design » Duplicating Models in 1 file
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Duplicating Models in 1 file [message #67123] Tue, 30 April 2013 08:13 UTC Go to next message
avatar hjhearle  is currently offline hjhearle
Go to my shop
Hi peoples,

I have a model that I want to produce in packs of 3, any idea how to do this?

Don't know what program the designer was using though, I had someone design it for me... all I know is it's a .stl file

Anyone know how to do this or be able to do this for me? I can email the file but it remains the property of myself and 3Damez- this would be the only modification I require...

Thanks in advance!
Re: Duplicating Models in 1 file [message #67133 is a reply to message #67123 ] Tue, 30 April 2013 12:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
What's the file type and intended material? As long as your looking to do it in plastic, it should be relatively easy.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Duplicating Models in 1 file [message #67135 is a reply to message #67133 ] Tue, 30 April 2013 12:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Yeah, I'm intending to do it in plastic. The model is a body kit for a 1:450 scale locomotive. Being a tad over 2mm long(!) I thought it would be more economical if it was sold in packs of 3. Would you be able to do this for me as I don't actually have a 3D drawing program, the designs were produced for me?

Thanks
Re: Duplicating Models in 1 file [message #67136 is a reply to message #67133 ] Tue, 30 April 2013 12:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
But what if you did want it in a different material? Is it possible?
Re: Duplicating Models in 1 file [message #67137 is a reply to message #67123 ] Tue, 30 April 2013 12:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
What's the file type? Depending on the file type, I should be able to easily explain how to do it in freeware. In the metal materials, they would have to be joined together some way. I doubt you want ceramics, but same deal. At the size of your models you may have to join them together even in plastic, as each piece has to meet the minimum bounding box requirements for the material.

michael@shapeways.com
Re: Duplicating Models in 1 file [message #67139 is a reply to message #67137 ] Tue, 30 April 2013 13:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
It's a .STL file. I don't think they'd have to be joined together since I've seen other people do it without being joined...

So freeware, huh? Does that mean I'd need to download a free program for it?
Re: Duplicating Models in 1 file [message #67141 is a reply to message #67139 ] Tue, 30 April 2013 13:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
Multiple parts per file is allowed, as long as the individual parts at least meet the minimum bounding box for the material.

If you'd like to do it yourself, yes. If you send me the file I can help you out. my email is below.

michael@shapeways.com
Re: Duplicating Models in 1 file [message #67143 is a reply to message #67141 ] Tue, 30 April 2013 13:25 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
That would be great if you could! I'll send you the files.

Thanks. Very Happy

Previous Topic:Enclosed gearbox in wsf
Next Topic:Engraving Silver

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.