Home » Support » 3D Design » Enclosed gearbox in wsf
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Enclosed gearbox in wsf [message #67031] Mon, 29 April 2013 05:06 UTC Go to next message
avatar Kidmechano  is currently offline Kidmechano
Go to my shop
I've been working on an action figure torso that has a gearbox inside.

I've tried to upload it twice.

The first time, I can see that there wasn't enough room between my gear teeth.

The second file got sent back by the 'bot' and I can't really see what is wrong with it.

I've got .5mm between all the moving surfaces and two 4 mm escape holes for the extra powder to be removed. All my wall thicknesses seem to be at least 1mm. Sort of at a loss for next steps.

Any thoughts?

KidMechano

ModiBot customizable figure kits
Re: Enclosed gearbox in wsf [message #67037 is a reply to message #67031 ] Mon, 29 April 2013 07:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker is currently online mkroeker
Go to all my models
The "bot" is not that sophisticated - problems with insufficient clearances or thin walls will typically come up at a
later stage, when your model is checked by a human. Check if your model has more than the maximum 1 million
triangles, or the file is larger than 64mb. If it is not that simple, get a (free) copy of netfabb studio basic from
netfabb.com and see what that program finds - maybe you have some small disconnected patch somewhere in
your model, or regions where the triangle orientation is incorrect.
Re: Enclosed gearbox in wsf [message #67052 is a reply to message #67037 ] Mon, 29 April 2013 13:03 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Kidmechano  is currently offline Kidmechano
Go to my shop
Hmm.

Thanks for the reco on Netfabb. I've been meaning to download it- much easier to use than Meshlab Smile

Strange that it didn't show any issues in the model, but I repaired anyway, resaved and now it has loaded. Thanks for the help!

w.

KidMechano

ModiBot customizable figure kits

Previous Topic:Engraving help!
Next Topic:Duplicating Models in 1 file