Home » Community » Work in progress » problems with texture help!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
problems with texture help! [message #66982] Sun, 28 April 2013 12:30 UTC Go to next message
avatar modin  is currently offline modin
Go to all my models
Okay so I hope that someone could help me with this problem.

I have a model that I imported into meshlab for closing hole etc. So far so god. Everything seems to be right and the texture is visible.
I export it into wrl for uploading and then my texture dissapear. there must be something I do wrong. I've looked in the wrl-file to see if the mapping is pointing correctly and it is.

Please if anyone could help me with this one - what do I need to do!
I'm quiet new to the world of 3d printing .

/Morten

• Attachment: 3dmodin.zip
    (Size: 12.53MB, Downloaded 12 time(s))

[Updated on: Sun, 28 April 2013 12:30 UTC]

Re: problems with texture help! [message #67038 is a reply to message #66982 ] Mon, 29 April 2013 07:57 UTC Go to previous message
avatar UniverseBecoming  is currently offline UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
You would have needed to zip just the redigering_medbund2ekstra.x3d and the 3d_i_3d~_tex_0.jpg and nothing else for it to work. I say would have because you still have issues that need to be fixed such as holes, thin walls, unconnected shells and unoriented normals.

Depending on what software you used to create this you may need to save it as an OBJ OR STL with Meshlab and then fix it using Netfabb Studio Basic and or the Netfabb Cloud service and then remap it and repaint it before making it back into a X3D.

It always was. It always was because somethingness cannot spawn from nothingness. And in the was of the past there is the forever of the now. Only now. Only now and nothing new, for anything new would add to the infinite, yet there can only be one infinite. Only one. The universe is only becoming something new in the delusion of our minds. This delusion that makes life worth living in our perceived universe becoming.

Previous Topic:First Model - Looking for an Evaluation
Next Topic:Help, material

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.