Home » Support » 3D Applications » Complete n00b here needs advice as a Rhino user
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Complete n00b here needs advice as a Rhino user [message #67028] Mon, 29 April 2013 03:01 UTC Go to next message
avatar Kroke  is currently offline Kroke
Go to all my models
I haven't used Rhino for almost 10 years. I have a simple design but the rejection emails you get as to why the model won't print are too vague for a rookie like me (first model for me).

Here is a screenshot of the project I'm working on. I uploaded a .OBJ file that was rejected. I made sure none of the parts were touching and that the parts were also of minimal printing size, so I'm not even sure where to start.

Thanks for any help guys, much appreciated Smile

Re: Complete n00b here needs advice as a Rhino user [message #67029 is a reply to message #67028 ] Mon, 29 April 2013 03:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith is currently online stonysmith
Go to my shop
Can you share the file? Or, we would at least need to know the dimensions and what material you're trying for.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Complete n00b here needs advice as a Rhino user [message #67030 is a reply to message #67029 ] Mon, 29 April 2013 04:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Yes, I will gladly share the file. Let me know if the OBJ isn't the format you're looking for.
I was going to try for stainless steel if possible. I am looking at Accutrans and checking some things with that in the meantime since this is my first go. Smile

Thank you!

• Attachment: TB4.obj
    (Size: 561.70KB, Downloaded 18 time(s))

Re: Complete n00b here needs advice as a Rhino user [message #67066 is a reply to message #67030 ] Mon, 29 April 2013 18:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar JACANT  is currently offline JACANT
Go to my shop
I tried to open this in Meshlab. It is just a point cloud model.
Try uploading as an STL file

index.php?t=getfile&id=31525&private=0

• Attachment: image.png
    (Size: 15.31KB, Downloaded 113 time(s))

[Updated on: Mon, 29 April 2013 18:48 UTC]

jacantdesign@gmail.com
Re: Complete n00b here needs advice as a Rhino user [message #67168 is a reply to message #67066 ] Tue, 30 April 2013 17:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Thanks Jacant.
I'm brand new to the 3D print world. I looked at the software list and supported file types on the website, that's why I thought it would work Smile
I will upload the other file type and report my findings tonight.
Re: Complete n00b here needs advice as a Rhino user [message #67325 is a reply to message #67168 ] Thu, 02 May 2013 13:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dotsan  is currently offline Dotsan
Go to my shop
Steel or other metals won't allow interlocking parts and the minimum dimension has to be 3mm
Regards
Vijay

www.dotsan.com
Re: Complete n00b here needs advice as a Rhino user [message #67339 is a reply to message #67325 ] Thu, 02 May 2013 17:37 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
Bummer! I wasn't aware of that rule about interlocking parts with metal Sad
In that case, I'll have to abort this project.
Thanks for the info. My girl is going to kill me for not having something for her birthday present, lol.

Back to the drawing board.....

Previous Topic:Maya / Let Me Get This Straight...
Next Topic:Help needed making a color gradient into a 3D print in 3DS Max