Home » Support » 3D Design » non-manifold error checking?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
non-manifold error checking? [message #6614] Thu, 17 September 2009 00:53 UTC Go to next message
avatar berky93  is currently offline berky93
Go to my shop
I uploaded a model and got a non-manifold error. no problem. I figured I'd try out the feature on this site that allows you to see the errors in a visualization. but when I load the window, it only shows a few floating red lines, and the manifold parts of my model are not shown. This means that I have no idea what part of my model those lines are in. is there a way to show both the errors and the lines?
Re: non-manifold error checking? [message #6687 is a reply to message #6614 ] Sun, 20 September 2009 03:07 UTC Go to previous message
avatar afrodri  is currently offline afrodri
Go to my shop
A few suggestions:

- Your 3D drawing program might have a built-in feature to check for and display non-manifold edges. If not, Blender (a free program) does (In Edit Mode, Control-Alt-Shift-M).

- You can also get a free program called 'MiniMagics' ( http://www.materialise.com/materialise/view/en/2562719-MiniM agics.html) which does a great job of displaying inverted normals and non-manifold edges. I believe Shapeways uses the full version of Magics to correct problems with meshes before production.

- Worst case, if you can't find or fix the problems, you can try stlfix.com (http://www.stlfix.com/stlfix_ENG.html) It is a service, run by the makers of Magics, which will try to automatically fix your STL file. If they can fix it automatically, they will send you the fixed file for free. If not, they will offer to fix the file for you for 15 EU/hour. Small models usually take about an hour to fix.

Hope that helps!

Previous Topic:Setting "scale" when uploading?
Next Topic:manifold, normals, strange texture

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.