I made a model of a simple flute (fife, actually). and ordered a print in white strong&flexible. It came with a plug of material about 2" long about halfway through the bore, between the finger holes and mouth hole, so it doesn't actually work. I just checked my file again and it looks fine to me. Any idea why this would happen? That was a rather expensive mistake
Are you sure that the blockage is solid?
It could just be 'loose' powder that is stuck in there.
Try pushing on it with a rod or stick.Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Here you go. Caveat; I play irish flute but don't really know about how to play a fife properly. I want to make a 3D printed copy of a 200-year old flute that I own, but it would cost so over $200 to print so I modeled this fife based on a known design from a book so I could try something much smaller and cheaper first. I wanted to be sure that the texture of the material wouldn't prevent the instrument from functioning properly.
I made a recording last night but it didn't sound as good. I decided it was probably because of the texture of the surface making it hard to get a good seal on the fingerholes, so I sanded the outside with 500 grit sandpaper and it made a big improvement.