Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Simplest job on here... Just need someone to model a pyramid for me
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Simplest job on here... Just need someone to model a pyramid for me [message #66677] Tue, 23 April 2013 02:19 UTC Go to next message
avatar Pablo123  is currently offline Pablo123
Go to all my models
I am guessing is should be about as simple a request as you will see: just need someone to generate a model of a pyramid for shapeways. Dimensions of the square base is 4 inches a side, and each face a 55-55-70 triangle. If my high school math is correct, the vertical sides of the triangle would be 3.5 inches.
Re: Simplest job on here... Just need someone to model a pyramid for me [message #66680 is a reply to message #66677 ] Tue, 23 April 2013 04:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
To paraphrase Teddy Roosevelt: nothing worth doing is easy, nothing easy is worth doing.

At that size, the object is going to be rather expensive.
You could save a large amount of money if you make the pyramid hollow.
But, that causes the question: What Material would you like to print it in?

Each material has a different wall thickness requirement.

The attached file is 4x4x3.5 and is completely solid.
It'd cost about $425.00 to print as a solid in WSF, possibly somewhere around $70 if it was hollow.

Edit: you actually want a pyramid that is 2.86" from the base to the peak.

• Attachment: Pyramid.stl
    (Size: 0.38KB, Downloaded 28 time(s))

[Updated on: Tue, 23 April 2013 04:40 UTC]

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Simplest job on here... Just need someone to model a pyramid for me [message #66796 is a reply to message #66680 ] Wed, 24 April 2013 12:53 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Pablo123  is currently offline Pablo123
Go to all my models
Thank you very much. I was going to make something for my nephew in plastic, but at those costs, it is obvious I should go back to manual. I doubt he is going to appreciate a set of $70 toy pyramids!

If I ever get something that merits this kind of work and cost I will let you know. Thank you again.

Previous Topic:Need a favor
Next Topic:Need a favor

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.