Home » Community » General Discussion » Pricing in euros
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Pricing in euros [message #66459] Fri, 19 April 2013 19:39 UTC Go to next message
avatar aleksandar  is currently offline aleksandar
Go to my shop
Hello,

may I know the prices of the materials in euros?
thank you

product deisgn, visualisation & photography www.ad-3d.com
Re: Pricing in euros [message #66462 is a reply to message #66459 ] Fri, 19 April 2013 19:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
If you set your address as a European Nation, you should see prices in Euros.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Pricing in euros [message #66468 is a reply to message #66462 ] Fri, 19 April 2013 20:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Both my shipping and billing addresses are in France, do I miss some extra field?

Re: Pricing in euros [message #66470 is a reply to message #66468 ] Fri, 19 April 2013 20:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
I think maybe addk2 is referring to the prices on the Materials Comparison sheet, i.e. the price per cm3.
Re: Pricing in euros [message #66471 is a reply to message #66470 ] Fri, 19 April 2013 20:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Yes, I do mean this, pardon

Re: Pricing in euros [message #66473 is a reply to message #66471 ] Fri, 19 April 2013 20:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I have a grasshopper definition that reports me the price of the model based on every change I do on the design. I would like to set the values properly once Smile

Re: Pricing in euros [message #66474 is a reply to message #66471 ] Fri, 19 April 2013 21:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Current workaround: select "Edit" on one of your models - then the current exchange rate used by shapeways
is printed under the "Select Materials" heading.
Re: Pricing in euros [message #66485 is a reply to message #66473 ] Sat, 20 April 2013 00:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
There is no "once". The exchange rate will change every now and then, so you will have to readjust the price periodically. And you will get paid in dollars anyway.

The exchange rate was and is computable (give or take due to rounding) by knowing shipping is fixed in dollars.
Re: Pricing in euros [message #66499 is a reply to message #66459 ] Sat, 20 April 2013 06:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
Quote:

may I know the prices of the materials in euros?

Everything in Shapeways is stored in Dollars, calculated in Dollars etc and converted as needed.

To get the euro equivalent I am afraid you will have to do a conversion - in the simplest instance Google can do this, e.g.

type in the search box: 2.99 usd to eur

Otherwise you will have to make a spreadsheet or program and access the correct rate.

The good news is that the rate never changes by that much, so once you have calculated the equivalents once you will have a good idea of the costs in euros. Unless your models are very big the exchange rate fluctuations will only mean a difference of a few cents at any one time.

Also related:

- because all prices are stored in dollars, the prices of your models in your shop and the amount of the markup will change with the exchange rate;
- I cannot 100% be sure but I think that the price of silver changes over time because of the raw material cost.

Good luck!
Re: Pricing in euros [message #66517 is a reply to message #66499 ] Sat, 20 April 2013 14:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar UniverseBecoming  is currently offline UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
I use this plugin. This is for Firefox, but I'm sure other browsers have similar plugins.

I use US dollars, so let's say I go to Amazon France, this is how it looks through my browser:
https://sites.google.com/site/shapewaysforumimages/_/rsrc/1366467712224/home/With.jpg

I can toggle it off and on too and when I turn it off it goes back to the original page:
https://sites.google.com/site/shapewaysforumimages/_/rsrc/1366467722310/home/Without.jpg

Here's how the settings page looks:
https://sites.google.com/site/shapewaysforumimages/_/rsrc/1366467731906/home/Settings.jpg

It converts to most currencies from USD, GBP, EUR and RUB and It's fairly accurate since it automatically checks the exchange rate every five minutes.

I prefer to know nothing about everything rather than everything about nothing.  

James
Re: Pricing in euros [message #66625 is a reply to message #66517 ] Mon, 22 April 2013 14:24 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Hey all,

thanks for bringing that up, I have shared your discussion with our product team.

@UniverseBecoming that's a great plugin, thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways

Previous Topic:Exporting to X3D from Blender
Next Topic:Shipping to Iran :(