Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Bought Expensive Umbrella and Wind broke a Piece Little Help?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Bought Expensive Umbrella and Wind broke a Piece Little Help? [message #66587] Sun, 21 April 2013 18:13 UTC Go to next message
avatar Acuratech  is currently offline Acuratech
Go to my shop
So bought one of those expensive umbrella and the wind took it away on me it broke what the company is calling a non-serviceable piece and would have to replace the whole umbrella and its not covered under warranty due to the wind damage so upon inspection i see its just a piece of molded plastic is there anyone out there who can scan my broken piece and repair the broken section using the 3d modeling software, and print out a new one? its about the size of a Hockey Puck.
Re: Bought Expensive Umbrella and Wind broke a Piece Little Help? [message #66588 is a reply to message #66587 ] Sun, 21 April 2013 19:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Can you shoot a picture of it and post it here?

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Bought Expensive Umbrella and Wind broke a Piece Little Help? [message #66589 is a reply to message #66588 ] Sun, 21 April 2013 19:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Will do going to go take it apart after lunch Thanks for the speedy reply
Re: Bought Expensive Umbrella and Wind broke a Piece Little Help? [message #66591 is a reply to message #66589 ] Sun, 21 April 2013 20:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Okay there are 3 Parts total that are warped,cracked and Bent Here is Part 1 That i would need: Not Sure how to post multiple pics i can e-mail a batch of them to ya

[Updated on: Sun, 21 April 2013 20:54 UTC]

Re: Bought Expensive Umbrella and Wind broke a Piece Little Help? [message #66592 is a reply to message #66591 ] Sun, 21 April 2013 20:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Part 2

Re: Bought Expensive Umbrella and Wind broke a Piece Little Help? [message #66593 is a reply to message #66592 ] Sun, 21 April 2013 20:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Part 3

Re: Bought Expensive Umbrella and Wind broke a Piece Little Help? [message #66597 is a reply to message #66593 ] Sun, 21 April 2013 22:06 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Attached is just an experiment to see what the price range would be.

The trouble is going to be that none of the Shapeways plastics are all that strong.
You might have to go to steel to get something strong enough.

At the size you're looking at, that's going to be a bit expensive:
http://stonysmith.com/wired/VolumeEstimator.asp?L=75&W=7 5&H=15&T=0&S=1
Steel is likely to run nearly $240.00 for the part.

• Attachment: bushing.stl
    (Size: 313.36KB, Downloaded 22 time(s))

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products

Previous Topic:Need model posed, hollowed out, and sized
Next Topic:3D EXPERT EXPERT NEEDED

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.