Home » Support » Bug Reporting » 3D preview
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
3D preview [message #66175] Tue, 16 April 2013 00:47 UTC Go to next message
avatar mrice  is currently offline mrice
Go to all my models
It would be a nice option if you could render the 3D preview on top of a grid, labeled say in cm or inches. This would give you better perspective on the scale of the model. For extra bonus points, you could include an everyday object rendered behind the model, like a pencil or a AA battery.
Re: 3D preview [message #66183 is a reply to message #66175 ] Tue, 16 April 2013 07:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
Or you could order a print and take a photo set up as you suggest ...
Re: 3D preview [message #66496 is a reply to message #66175 ] Sat, 20 April 2013 06:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ttoinou  is currently offline ttoinou
Go to my shop
Yeah well I agree that the 3D viewer should have more options.
That scale could be added with a button for example.
And this viewer could also show 3D Red/Cyan Anaglyph.
Re: 3D preview [message #66772 is a reply to message #66175 ] Wed, 24 April 2013 08:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar sforsyth  is currently offline sforsyth
Go to my shop
Another idea would be to have the option to tell Shapeways which app the model was exported from when auto-generating the preview? As I export from ZBrush, I have to reorient my model and axes before export, whereas perhaps just clicking "ZBrush" as my export tool would default to generating the preview around ZBrush's default Z axis? Custom apps could have custom settings... (Solidworks, Maya, etc)
Just a suggestion.
Re: 3D preview [message #66773 is a reply to message #66772 ] Wed, 24 April 2013 08:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker is currently online mkroeker
Go to all my models
This would probably become a huge list to select from - a simpler solution might be for shapeways
to just add the information which axis is considered "up" to the "Uploading 3D files" hints box on the
upload page.
Re: 3D preview [message #66774 is a reply to message #66773 ] Wed, 24 April 2013 08:56 UTC Go to previous message
avatar sforsyth  is currently offline sforsyth
Go to my shop
Better again!

Previous Topic:Some forum posts missing?
Next Topic:Invalid Public Key Security Object file

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.