Home » Support » 3D Applications » How do I upload a wrl file with a texture?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
How do I upload a wrl file with a texture? [message #60685] Thu, 24 January 2013 17:26 UTC Go to next message
avatar Oreosmooshy  is currently offline Oreosmooshy
Go to my shop
So i've got a simple colored marble I want to print in sandstone. I've got both the wrl of the file (with the texture applied to the model) and the jpg texture, but simply uploading it doesn't work and I get the message "Please check the uploaded file to make sure the texture is in the root directory (we don't support textures in subfolders)." How do I put the texture into the root directory, wherever that is?
Re: How do I upload a wrl file with a texture? [message #60694 is a reply to message #60685 ] Thu, 24 January 2013 18:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Create a zip file that contains both the wrl and the jpg , and make sure that the reference to the texture within
the wrl file does not contain any folder hierarchy. (Also be warned that uploading seems to be a bit broken since
last night's update to the site software, there have been several complaints about spurious errors in the forums already)
Re: How do I upload a wrl file with a texture? [message #60698 is a reply to message #60694 ] Thu, 24 January 2013 18:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith is currently online stonysmith
Go to my shop
Open the WRL with Notepad or some other text editor.
Search for the text ".jpg"

You will see something like this:
texture
ImageTexture {
url "brick.jpg"
}

make sure that the "url" does not contain a path. it should NOT look like this:
url "c:\users\myname\desktop\brick.jpg"

if it does, you need to remove the part in green, making it just
url "brick.jpg"

Then place the WRL and the texture both into a ZIP file that has NO internal folders.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: How do I upload a wrl file with a texture? [message #65963 is a reply to message #60698 ] Thu, 11 April 2013 04:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar paulelderdesign  is currently offline paulelderdesign
Go to my shop
Exactly what I needed. I was getting the same errors and was about to go back to WSF Shocked

Thanks

Paul
Re: How do I upload a wrl file with a texture? [message #65986 is a reply to message #65963 ] Thu, 11 April 2013 13:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar paulelderdesign  is currently offline paulelderdesign
Go to my shop
I'm getting the texture uploading with the model but the map cooirdinates are not what I see in my viewport.
Do i need to unwrap my object and collapse the stack before rendering to texture? I'm using 3DS Max 2010 Confused

Paul

Re: How do I upload a wrl file with a texture? [message #65989 is a reply to message #65986 ] Thu, 11 April 2013 13:51 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Oreosmooshy  is currently offline Oreosmooshy
Go to my shop
I'm afraid I don't know Sad . I use C4D and it worked fine for me.

Previous Topic:VMRL file not showing all textures on Export
Next Topic:Can anyone help me with a 3DS Max model?