Home » Community » Work in progress » newbie looking for some advise
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
newbie looking for some advise [message #65706] Mon, 08 April 2013 02:30 UTC Go to next message
avatar Deimos161  is currently offline Deimos161
Go to all my models
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone could give me a bit of advise. Im very new to 3d modeling and SW.
What I am trying to do is make a 3d model of my game character with my server name on the front.
I have a rough model made out which I have attached (This is not a finale model its just so I have an idea) I am modeling it in 3ds max 2010. I have modified it with the shell mode to hopefully make it hollow. The problem I am having is that it is going to cost over $200 for a 16-18cm statue.
Does anyone have any tips to making this cheaper?

• Attachment: deimos.max
    (Size: 208.00KB, Downloaded 18 time(s))

Re: newbie looking for some advise [message #65753 is a reply to message #65706 ] Mon, 08 April 2013 19:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Anigroove  is currently offline Anigroove
Go to my shop
the ground plane is quite big, you could could make it smaller to reduce costs.
Re: newbie looking for some advise [message #65966 is a reply to message #65706 ] Thu, 11 April 2013 07:12 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Valerius  is currently offline Valerius
Go to my shop
I think that you should export this model to obj format, to get quicker help, or get link to some images.

Previous Topic:Steampunk themed 'Geared Cube' Desk Organiser
Next Topic:Collar Wings Pendant

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.