Home » Community » General Discussion » looking for an old answer
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
looking for an old answer [message #64995] Wed, 27 March 2013 17:10 UTC Go to next message
avatar Strider  is currently offline Strider
Go to all my models
hi, it's been a while since i last came here but i think i'm close to realize a small project, anyway, last time i asked how to scale my models to measure them exactly in CM but i can't find the original post. you know how i can trace my own started topics? can't find the option anywhere. Thanks!
Re: looking for an old answer [message #64999 is a reply to message #64995 ] Wed, 27 March 2013 17:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Click your name above.
Then click Show All Messages.
Did you happen to change your username? I don't see any old messages from you.
==

Rather than desiging in CM, may I suggest that you model in MM. That way, no scaling or conversion is necessary when you upload to Shapeways.
But, if it's more convenient for you, model in CM, then use Netfabb Basic (free) to upscale the model by a factor of 10, then upload as millimeters to Shapeways.

[Updated on: Wed, 27 March 2013 18:46 UTC]

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: looking for an old answer [message #65925 is a reply to message #64999 ] Wed, 10 April 2013 21:42 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Strider  is currently offline Strider
Go to all my models
thanks a lot! you're right, there are no older messages from me... but i never changed my profile name... well... i¿ll give it a check for the mm scaling. Thanks again!

Previous Topic:Maya 2012 scale importing to Shapeways scale OBJ
Next Topic:shapeways 3d parts database down?