Home » Community » General Discussion » Maya 2012 scale importing to Shapeways scale OBJ
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Maya 2012 scale importing to Shapeways scale OBJ [message #65918] Wed, 10 April 2013 19:14 UTC
avatar TracNguyen  is currently offline TracNguyen
Go to all my models
Hi,

I am new to this and I was wondering if you can help me out. I check on tutorials on how to export Maya obj file to Shapeways website, but could not find a good tutorial that explain all the steps in details. And how Maya scale was compare to Shapeways scale.

1. Can you confirm that in Maya each square grid is equal to 1 mm in Shapeways? I notice this when I uploaded Maya obj file to your website. Also can you confirm on your site that it rounds up the size and not show that true size the model is. Example: If the model actually size is 2.36 H x 35.36 D x .953 W. Shapeways website would be 2.4 H x 35.4 D x .9 W.

2. When printing, does Shapeways print actually model size stated on the website? Is there a size reduction?

3. How would I go about printing sub d models? Do have have to smooth the model out as much as possible and exported as obj? Or take it in Zbrush to smooth model?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Trac Nguyen

Previous Topic:There's a problem with your model 'XXXXX'
Next Topic:looking for an old answer