Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Trying to Make Model for Sale - 'An Error was Encountered, Please Try Again Later'
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Trying to Make Model for Sale - 'An Error was Encountered, Please Try Again Later' [message #65862] Wed, 10 April 2013 01:22 UTC Go to next message
avatar PeregrineStudios  is currently offline PeregrineStudios
Go to my shop
Hey folks,

I've recently uploaded a Size 18 of one of my Zelda rings (apparently someone's boyfriend has huge hands!) and I'm trying to make it available via private link for sale. However, every time I check the box 'For Sale' and hit 'Update', I get a popup saying 'an error was encountered, please try again later.' I also notice that whenever I go back into that model, settings that are 'auto-updated', such as descriptions or categories, are not saved. Could this be looked into?

Windows 7, Google Chrome

Thanks in advance Smile
Re: Trying to Make Model for Sale - 'An Error was Encountered, Please Try Again Later' [message #65868 is a reply to message #65862 ] Wed, 10 April 2013 03:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dynath  is currently offline dynath
Go to my shop
I have the same issue, uploaded two files, everything went fine, tried to edit for sale and it won't let me "update" the model entry.
Also on Windows 7 with Chrome. Problem occurs with Internet Explorer as well.
The issue extends to editing an existing model as well. If I go into edit mode at all it clears the file's categories and the model's entry effectively breaks (IE: won't let you assign categories and so won't let you make the file visible or purchasable).

Check Out my blog dynath.blogspot.com
Re: Trying to Make Model for Sale - 'An Error was Encountered, Please Try Again Later' [message #65874 is a reply to message #65862 ] Wed, 10 April 2013 07:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar davidramirer  is currently offline davidramirer
Go to my shop
i have the same problem, also in google chrome Confused
...even not possible to update the categories or tags.

[Updated on: Wed, 10 April 2013 07:55 UTC]

david ramirer
Re: Trying to Make Model for Sale - 'An Error was Encountered, Please Try Again Later' [message #65885 is a reply to message #65862 ] Wed, 10 April 2013 12:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
the problem still is not solved...

david ramirer
Re: Trying to Make Model for Sale - 'An Error was Encountered, Please Try Again Later' [message #65887 is a reply to message #65862 ] Wed, 10 April 2013 12:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva is currently online Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Hey guys, I'll check into this.

Are you guys setting a category when trying to make it available? That's the only popup I've seen so far in my testing.

[Updated on: Wed, 10 April 2013 13:02 UTC]

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Trying to Make Model for Sale - 'An Error was Encountered, Please Try Again Later' [message #65888 is a reply to message #65887 ] Wed, 10 April 2013 13:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Yes, I set a category, check 'For Sale', and hit 'Update'. The my screen looks like this:

index.php?t=getfile&id=30444&private=0

• Attachment: error.jpg
    (Size: 216.15KB, Downloaded 69 time(s))

Re: Trying to Make Model for Sale - 'An Error was Encountered, Please Try Again Later' [message #65889 is a reply to message #65888 ] Wed, 10 April 2013 13:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Alright, at first didn't noticed that you guys were reporting this on new items, so I'm uploading a new item to see if I can't recreate. Whether I can or not, I'll get it reported.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
Re: Trying to Make Model for Sale - 'An Error was Encountered, Please Try Again Later' [message #65891 is a reply to message #65862 ] Wed, 10 April 2013 13:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Try again now. I was able to recreate, then as I was creating the report, it stopped doing it.

Re: Trying to Make Model for Sale - 'An Error was Encountered, Please Try Again Later' [message #65893 is a reply to message #65891 ] Wed, 10 April 2013 13:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Yep, I can confirm as well, the issue is no longer a... well, an issue. Thanks! Smile
Re: Trying to Make Model for Sale - 'An Error was Encountered, Please Try Again Later' [message #65894 is a reply to message #65862 ] Wed, 10 April 2013 13:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I have confirmed with the devs, it should now be fixed.

Re: Trying to Make Model for Sale - 'An Error was Encountered, Please Try Again Later' [message #65896 is a reply to message #65894 ] Wed, 10 April 2013 13:47 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
yes, the updating works again. thanks for the fast work!
Wink

[Updated on: Wed, 10 April 2013 13:47 UTC]

david ramirer

Previous Topic:I post a Forum topic, then the connection fails
Next Topic:Markup to low after change

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.