Home » Support » Bug Reporting » I post a Forum topic, then the connection fails
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
I post a Forum topic, then the connection fails [message #65781] Tue, 09 April 2013 02:59 UTC Go to next message
avatar PeregrineStudios  is currently offline PeregrineStudios
Go to my shop
Hey guys,

Kind of a really strange bug today - whenever I post a new forum topic, I get a Gateway error message. This in itself isn't that strange - what IS bizarre is that it continues, for the entire site, for about an hour. So after I post this report of a bug, I'll get nothing but Gateway Failures for the next hour or so (so don't expect a speedy response if you ask me a question!) if I try to access ANY part of Shapeways - not just the forum, literally any page.

Anyone else experienced this?

Using Windows 7, Chrome
Re: I post a Forum topic, then the connection fails [message #65784 is a reply to message #65781 ] Tue, 09 April 2013 04:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Gateway errors are usually between your computer and your 'net provider.
Are you getting any more descriptive messages??

Everything has been fine tonite for me.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: I post a Forum topic, then the connection fails [message #65786 is a reply to message #65784 ] Tue, 09 April 2013 04:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
Gateway errors can also happen with some network designs, in which the "server" is not a machine but a group appearing like one.

If "504 Gateway timeout" only appears at SW, what's more probable? Multiple users with different ISPs having the issue here by random bad luck? Or SW having it in their end? Specially when posting new forum messages seems to be involved, and there are reports dating months ago. You know, if the car bounces every now and then, visit the mechanic, if many cars do it in one place, maybe the street needs a resurfacing. More complex if they bounce it in the same place, but not always.

BTW, nice banner:
..................................................................................................
::'######:'##::::'##:::'###:::'########:'########'##:::::'##:::'###::'##:::'##:'######::'##::'##::
:'##... ##:##:::: ##::'## ##:::##.... ##:##.....::##:'##: ##::'## ##:. ##:'##:'##... ##:. ##'##:::
: ##:::..::##:::: ##:'##:. ##::##:::: ##:##:::::::##: ##: ##:'##:. ##:. ####:::##:::..::#########:
:. ######::#########'##:::. ##:########::######:::##: ##: ##'##:::. ##:. ##:::. ######:'. ## ##.::
::..... ##:##.... ##:#########:##.....:::##...::::##: ##: ##:#########:: ##::::..... ##. ##:. ##::
:'##::: ##:##:::: ##:##.... ##:##::::::::##:::::::##: ##: ##:##.... ##:: ##:::'##::: ##:..:::..:::
:. ######::##:::: ##:##:::: ##:##::::::::########. ###. ###::##:::: ##:: ##:::. ######::::::::::::
::......::..:::::..:..:::::..:..::::::::........::...::...::..:::::..:::..:::::......:::::::::::::

Let's play detective and figure where it appears. And the purpose.
Re: I post a Forum topic, then the connection fails [message #65863 is a reply to message #65786 ] Wed, 10 April 2013 01:24 UTC Go to previous message
avatar PeregrineStudios  is currently offline PeregrineStudios
Go to my shop
Well, back after a day at work, and no more gateway errors - must have just been some weird wrinkle.

Previous Topic:Product Printed Incorrectly for the 3rd Time - Help!
Next Topic:Trying to Make Model for Sale - 'An Error was Encountered, Please Try Again Later'

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.