Home » Community » It arrived! » Hourglass with entrapped wax!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Hourglass with entrapped wax! [message #65691] Sun, 07 April 2013 19:07 UTC Go to next message
avatar GarySG  is currently offline GarySG
Go to my shop
A couple days ago I finally received my first design to incorporate trapping wax inside a FUD model, here it is! You can find it in my shop Very Happy

index.php?t=getfile&id=30336&private=0

[Updated on: Sun, 07 April 2013 19:10 UTC]

"Hm, I'm so hungry I could eat an entire cow. Gerard, fire up the printer!"
Re: Hourglass with entrapped wax! [message #65692 is a reply to message #65691 ] Sun, 07 April 2013 19:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar UniverseBecoming  is currently offline UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I can't see the wax. Can you see it in person? Smile

It always was. It always was because somethingness cannot spawn from nothingness. And in the was of the past there is the forever of the now. Only now. Only now and nothing new, for anything new would add to the infinite, yet there can only be one infinite. Only one. The universe is only becoming something new in the delusion of our minds. This delusion that makes life worth living in our perceived universe becoming.
Re: Hourglass with entrapped wax! [message #65693 is a reply to message #65691 ] Sun, 07 April 2013 19:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar GarySG  is currently offline GarySG
Go to my shop
Yes, I apologize that the photo doesn't quite do it justice, but you can see the wax in the upper chamber where it transitions from wax to FUD in the photo Smile

"Hm, I'm so hungry I could eat an entire cow. Gerard, fire up the printer!"
Re: Hourglass with entrapped wax! [message #65803 is a reply to message #65691 ] Tue, 09 April 2013 11:40 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Yeah, it's fun playing with that stuff. I made a pendant with a spider trapped in FUD once. In regular light you couldn't see much but hold it up with a light behind it and it looked great.

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery

Previous Topic:They arrived :)
Next Topic:Team Fortress 2 Sentry Gun

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.