Home » Community » Work in progress » Need a double check.
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Need a double check. [message #65682] Sun, 07 April 2013 16:58 UTC Go to next message
avatar DaniSang  is currently offline DaniSang
Go to all my models
Hello people,

I would like to ask a request to some of you to give a double check upon my work. Currently I'm creating this necklace for myself and I was wondering if this would come out well ones I would print it out in stainless steel. For me the most important thing is that the words come out properly and are readable.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/1017225/tegenslag-vooruitgang .html?li=modelEdit

ThQ for your time.
Re: Need a double check. [message #65688 is a reply to message #65682 ] Sun, 07 April 2013 18:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Innovo  is currently offline Innovo
Go to my shop

I think it would be fine but you can add a bit of height to the extruded letters to be certain.
I've printed 0.5 mm extrusions with no problems. Of course the more extruded, the more visible the letters will be when viewed.

Innovation & Design

http://www.etsy.com/shop/InnovoDesign
www.facebook.com/byInnovoDesign
Re: Need a double check. [message #66363 is a reply to message #65682 ] Thu, 18 April 2013 17:16 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Not able to see your model since you copied the URL while in Edit mode...

You have to keep this in mind with extrusions (speaking from experience with lots of rejections) if the width of the character is .05mm then the height can be no more than .05mm. If you made it 1mm for example, it would be rejected for the "thin wall" issue...

And to clairfy, when I say "width of character" I mean the stroke of the character not the entire letter (i.e. the vertical part of the letter "I")

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery

Previous Topic:Nerf Gun Mod
Next Topic:I'm guessing this will soon be the first 3D printed Head piece ?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.