Home » Community » Work in progress » Material Question
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon5.gif  Material Question [message #65516] Fri, 05 April 2013 03:16 UTC Go to next message
avatar pintamicerca  is currently offline pintamicerca
Go to all my models
Good evening ladies and gentlemen.

I want to make an rod support system using 3d printing.
It's something that'll go mounted on my tripod and will hold my camera (2 kg) on a raised end and two 15mm width metal rods on the other

Something like this (not exactly this one, it's just so you have an idea):
http://www.7cis.com/contents/media/rod-support-only.gif
(the camera would go on the right side in that picture)

I'm planning on printing just the support part (not the rods)

I was wondering if strong and flexible plastic would be fine for it
I realize the walls need to be thick but i don't know if the material can support the weight of my camera.

What do you guys think?

Re: Material Question [message #65546 is a reply to message #65516 ] Fri, 05 April 2013 17:49 UTC Go to previous message
avatar UniverseBecoming  is currently offline UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I think it will work fine. I'd make the linear bearings with 6 mm walls and the camera platform and support 12 mm. That then would easily support 2 kg.

Once you construct it in 3D post up the details so we can make a final judgment to be sure.

It always was. It always was because somethingness cannot spawn from nothingness. And in the was of the past there is the forever of the now. Only now. Only now and nothing new, for anything new would add to the infinite, yet there can only be one infinite. Only one. The universe is only becoming something new in the delusion of our minds. This delusion that makes life worth living in our perceived universe becoming.

Previous Topic:We (I) need badges... and no stinking badges...
Next Topic:lamborghini pendant

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.