Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Payment Gateways Other Than Paypal
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Payment Gateways Other Than Paypal [message #65522] Fri, 05 April 2013 06:42 UTC Go to next message
avatar Twopounder  is currently offline Twopounder
Go to my shop
Went to purchase some of my models, only to discover Paypal had frozen my account until I send in additional information. That's being taken care of, but a quick google search revealed that is is very common. People have had their accounts frozen over selling too much, too little, buying too much, too little, or just because of the time of day.

Having a normal payment gateway or google wallet would be nice as a backup.

http://fracturedmesh.blogspot.com/ - my 3d modeling blog
Re: Payment Gateways Other Than Paypal [message #65523 is a reply to message #65522 ] Fri, 05 April 2013 09:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Supported payment options include credit card (though handled through paypal) and direct
(SEPA) bank transfer. All available on the normal order page.
Re: Payment Gateways Other Than Paypal [message #65524 is a reply to message #65523 ] Fri, 05 April 2013 09:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Twopounder  is currently offline Twopounder
Go to my shop
mkroeker wrote on Fri, 05 April 2013 09:08

Supported payment options include credit card (though handled through paypal) and direct
(SEPA) bank transfer. All available on the normal order page.

Paypal requires login to use credit cards for non-pro accounts (for some reason, shapeways is using a basic account). On login, paypal can and will prohibit any users with a flagged account.

I haven't seen an option for any other payment type.

CONFIRMED - clicking on payment goes directly to paypal without any option to change.

[Updated on: Fri, 05 April 2013 09:22 UTC]

http://fracturedmesh.blogspot.com/ - my 3d modeling blog
Re: Payment Gateways Other Than Paypal [message #65525 is a reply to message #65524 ] Fri, 05 April 2013 09:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
There should be a small text note with a blue(?) "i" icon above the paypal options on the payment page -
if you click there, it should tell you the BIC/IBAN codes of the shapeways bank account that you need
together with your account and order numbers. (Or is this visible for European customers only ?)
Re: Payment Gateways Other Than Paypal [message #65527 is a reply to message #65525 ] Fri, 05 April 2013 09:46 UTC Go to previous message
avatar MitchellJetten  is currently offline MitchellJetten
Go to all my models
I work here
Hey all,

Unfortunately we do not offer banktransfers for US customers Sad

I'm sorry.

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Customer Service Coordinator
Shapeways

Previous Topic:Paypal orders keep falling through the cracks
Next Topic:MM converting to Inch on upload?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.