Home » Community » General Discussion » Accommodating For Different Materials
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Accommodating For Different Materials [message #65495] Thu, 04 April 2013 19:31 UTC Go to next message
avatar HMPoweredMan  is currently offline HMPoweredMan
Go to my shop
Currently I have been making my models with a .8mm wall so as to make them printable with Alumide and the Strong/Flexible Plastic

Is there a happy medium for wall width that would accomodate most materials while still keeping the prices of printing low?
It would be nice if you could have a specific .stl file per material(s) in a model. This would fix the issue.
Re: Accommodating For Different Materials [message #65499 is a reply to message #65495 ] Thu, 04 April 2013 20:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Innovo  is currently offline Innovo
Go to my shop

With a 1 mm wall you can print everything (including sprue and wires) except SS, Ceramics and FCS.
Beyond that, prices will rise since you need 2 mm and after that 3 mm walls, for the other materials.

Innovation & Design

http://www.etsy.com/shop/InnovoDesign
www.facebook.com/byInnovoDesign
Re: Accommodating For Different Materials [message #65614 is a reply to message #65495 ] Sat, 06 April 2013 09:40 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Or you could rebuild the model optimised for a specific material, upload that as a new product in its own right and cross link the items in the descriptions Smile

Paul

Previous Topic:I am trying to slim down/optimize my model (for cost). Anybody have any advice?
Next Topic:I have scanned my design now what do I do

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.