Home » Community » It arrived! » little chair
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
little chair [message #65440] Wed, 03 April 2013 19:32 UTC Go to next message
avatar JeremyCouillard  is currently offline JeremyCouillard
Go to my shop
just got this little chair printed...using it for dioramas.

I have a question...do you think I could print something like this myself on a replicator 2? or is it too complicated? i'm considering getting one to make a bunch of these.

anyway...real happy with it. turned out nicer than expected! thanks!

• Attachment: print.jpg
    (Size: 1.72MB, Downloaded 77 time(s))

• Attachment: painted.jpg
    (Size: 2.11MB, Downloaded 48 time(s))

• Attachment: digital.jpg
    (Size: 575.28KB, Downloaded 42 time(s))

Re: little chair [message #65444 is a reply to message #65440 ] Wed, 03 April 2013 19:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
The thing with extruded printers is they use the build material as support material. All your over hangs would need support, and you'd have to carefully remove the supports without breaking your fragile print. Maybe if you printed it in assembable pieces.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: little chair [message #65452 is a reply to message #65444 ] Wed, 03 April 2013 21:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar JeremyCouillard  is currently offline JeremyCouillard
Go to my shop
ah thanks for the response. i was wondering what all that stuff was around prints you see online. is that something the software will reliably add or does the printer need to become adept at designing the support? are there any tutorials on this anywhere to understand the process? this is the first i've heard of it. i couldn't find any.
Re: little chair [message #65475 is a reply to message #65440 ] Thu, 04 April 2013 13:16 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I don't have a 3D printer (yet) but from what I hear, the supports are an option in the software. You should check out Makerbot's website. I found this, check page 38.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:Orange Lantern Rings
Next Topic:Aromaph

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.