Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Paypal orders keep falling through the cracks
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Paypal orders keep falling through the cracks [message #65173] Sat, 30 March 2013 14:29 UTC Go to next message
avatar ryankittleson  is currently offline ryankittleson
Go to my shop
I've emailed support about this and have got refunds, but I thought that it would be a good issue to bring up here. The last two orders that I made, I got charged through paypal but the order never started the printing process on shapeways. Support says that they have a bug with paypal e-checks not getting into their system. Well, I'm glad they know it's a bug, but I can't print anything until they fix it. When I go to order, paypal e-check is the only option that I'm given. Is there another way to pay? When will this issue be fixed? Is it keeping customers from being able to buy my stuff? This is a huge problem and is making other 3D printing companies look more attractive all the time.

Anybody else have this problem?
Re: Paypal orders keep falling through the cracks [message #65175 is a reply to message #65173 ] Sat, 30 March 2013 15:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
If you have money in your PayPal account (e.g.. through sales or bank transfer to PayPal) there shouldn't be any issues paying with PayPal direct. The other option is to not log into PayPal and use a debit or cedit card to pay. If you have PayPal payments set up as a Direct Debit to your bank account, that payment should also go through as if you have money in your PayPal account. (I might be wrong on a few details, but that's how I remember I solved the dreaded e-check issues many years ago).

Paul
Re: Paypal orders keep falling through the cracks [message #65178 is a reply to message #65175 ] Sat, 30 March 2013 16:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks Paul,

Since I have a paypal account, I never thought to click on "I don't have a paypal account" which is where I needed to go to be able to pay with a credit card. That worked. thanks! I think Shapeways could streamline and clarify the process a bit.

Ryan
Re: Paypal orders keep falling through the cracks [message #65185 is a reply to message #65178 ] Sat, 30 March 2013 16:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Both of the situations you describe are Paypal issues, and neither is under direct control of Shapeways.
There's nothing there they can "streamline".

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Paypal orders keep falling through the cracks [message #65189 is a reply to message #65185 ] Sat, 30 March 2013 17:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I guess what I mean is that Shapeways could start taking direct orders by credit card rather than going through paypal. that would be much more streamlined. Or better yet, I should be able to take money from my sales and put it toward my own orders. Shapeways, please make this happen!
Re: Paypal orders keep falling through the cracks [message #65226 is a reply to message #65185 ] Sun, 31 March 2013 06:14 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Bathsheba  is currently offline Bathsheba
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
stonysmith wrote on Sat, 30 March 2013 16:58

Both of the situations you describe are Paypal issues, and neither is under direct control of Shapeways.
There's nothing there they can "streamline".

I bet not. Paypal echeck transactions give back a weird status, which if you haven't written code to cover the special case, looks like the transaction failed. That SW has acknowledged its failure to handle these transactions as a bug, sounds to me like they just haven't covered that case. Echeck transactions are rare -- only a few % of Paypal transactions -- so if developer time is at a premium it might take a while.

-Bathsheba
http://bathsheba.com

Previous Topic:X3D/VRML Color & Textures
Next Topic:Payment Gateways Other Than Paypal

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.