Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Unannounced rejection of multiple orders, after prior successful printing
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Unannounced rejection of multiple orders, after prior successful printing [message #64880] Tue, 26 March 2013 04:06 UTC Go to next message
avatar uncommented  is currently offline uncommented
Go to my shop
About an hour ago, I logged in to check the status of my pending sales, only to find that eight of them had simply disappeared from my sales page. On a whim, I decided to download my sales summary document from the shop overview page, and found that seven of them - for two different models, both of which have been printed successfully previously - have been marked as rejected.

The fact that this occurred, and that I did not receive any notification of it happening greatly concerns me. What's worse, I don't know if Shapeways sent the usual "your model could not be printed" email to whoever ordered them. The idea that Shapeways would communicate this to an artist's customers without informing said artist so that he or she could fix whatever is wrong does not sit well with me at all.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue?

Update: they did notify me, but did so six hours after the orders were marked as rejected. The general lack of timely communication here is very frustrating, as is the decision that a model is "unprintable" because one in many fails.

[Updated on: Tue, 26 March 2013 11:47 UTC]

Re: Unannounced rejection of multiple orders, after prior successful printing [message #65145 is a reply to message #64880 ] Fri, 29 March 2013 23:27 UTC Go to previous message
avatar CactusBones  is currently offline CactusBones
Go to my shop
There is much discussion of this issue over on another thread "http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=12976"
Maybe you could add to the thread to show how prolific this issue seems to be.

Previous Topic:Shop url? What am I doing wrong?
Next Topic:What are these speckles?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.