Home » Support » 3D Design » iPhone case dimensions
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
iPhone case dimensions [message #64928] Tue, 26 March 2013 18:39 UTC Go to next message
avatar Duggan  is currently offline Duggan
Go to my shop
Hi!

Im making an iPhone case and I've been looking at a few here on Shapeways and I saw that some people were mixing up the depth and the height.

For example, one case was made with the dimensions: cm: 8.446 w x 1.384 d x 11.898 h and another was made with cm: 8.446 w x 11.816 d x 1.142 h. What should the depth be? A high number or a low number?

Thank you!
Re: iPhone case dimensions [message #64935 is a reply to message #64928 ] Tue, 26 March 2013 20:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith is currently online stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
It doesn't matter. All that means is that the model is rotated one direction over another.
Since the parts are printed in pretty much random orientation, the specific choices you setup for your model won't affect printability.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: iPhone case dimensions [message #65620 is a reply to message #64928 ] Sat, 06 April 2013 12:16 UTC Go to previous message
avatar MatarazzoDesigns  is currently offline MatarazzoDesigns
Go to my shop
If you are still having trouble figuring out the case dimensions, I suggest downloading this template file and checking your model against it.
Hope this helps.

Previous Topic:Best way to layout my model in Solidworks?
Next Topic:Shapeways says I need a greater distance or it will look ugly.

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.