Home » Support » 3D Design » 3 wheeled roadster
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
3 wheeled roadster [message #64845] Mon, 25 March 2013 15:50 UTC Go to next message
avatar dkeager  is currently offline dkeager
Go to my shop
I'm the designer of the Torq Roadster and I have the original full size CAD files. I've shrunk the model to about a 7" size. It's still a pretty complex model and I know still has a lot of holes. I'm unable to figure out how to fill/repair the holes with netfabb, hitting repair doesn't seem fix them. There's probably several internal surfaces and possibly some untrimmed ones. There's a screen shot of what I've found on Netfabb.

Attached are also a bunch of screenshots of the model. All surfaces are bigger than 2mm. The steering wheel is about 2.25mm thick. I suppose the details in the drivers fingers would be lost, but that's ok. I'm guessing supporting this vehicle on 3 wheels would be risky structurally, so I've added 3 other subtle supports underneath. The colors will be slightly different from these images, but how do you specify each of the colors?

We're hoping to have a couple models ready to be in San Diego for April 5th (which will probably be tight).

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

Re: 3 wheeled roadster [message #64856 is a reply to message #64845 ] Mon, 25 March 2013 17:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
May I suggest running that thru cloud.netfabb.com?
but.. even in the standalone version.... While in Repair mode, click the Actions tab, and then both of the "Close Holes" buttons.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: 3 wheeled roadster [message #66581 is a reply to message #64856 ] Sun, 21 April 2013 14:45 UTC Go to previous message
avatar UniverseBecoming  is currently offline UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
It was so bad it took me around 40 hours to fix it! Very Happy

The forum is broken. It's marking things I've already read as unread and old threads are popping up.

It always was. It always was because somethingness cannot spawn from nothingness. And in the was of the past there is the forever of the now. Only now. Only now and nothing new, for anything new would add to the infinite, yet there can only be one infinite. Only one. The universe is only becoming something new in the delusion of our minds. This delusion that makes life worth living in our perceived universe becoming.

Previous Topic:Smooth Circles
Next Topic:Making WSF hollow

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.