Home » Community » Introductions » Wow I feel like I've found a worm hole and am looking into the future
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Wow I feel like I've found a worm hole and am looking into the future [message #64832] Mon, 25 March 2013 14:52 UTC Go to next message
avatar nickelroadgifts  is currently offline nickelroadgifts
Go to my shop
I kept seeing an article appear about 3-d printing... Finally clicked on it... wow... this is awesome... It's like a sci-fi movie!

Wife and I are looking for unique items to eventually sell etc... this seems like an awesome idea to start with!

Good luck to all!
Re: Wow I feel like I've found a worm hole and am looking into the future [message #64834 is a reply to message #64832 ] Mon, 25 March 2013 14:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Sci fi? How about Action Movie Material?

Welcome! What types of things do you look to make and sell?

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Wow I feel like I've found a worm hole and am looking into the future [message #64837 is a reply to message #64834 ] Mon, 25 March 2013 15:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Holy Cow that is awesome!

I'll be honest... I don't know what gifts... Humerous types maybe.... We have some creative friends that sell crafts etc. How much luck have you had with this process?
Re: Wow I feel like I've found a worm hole and am looking into the future [message #64838 is a reply to message #64832 ] Mon, 25 March 2013 15:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
I mostly design for myself. So I've had lots of luck Razz. I don't market much if at all, but I still sell some things from time to time.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Wow I feel like I've found a worm hole and am looking into the future [message #64839 is a reply to message #64838 ] Mon, 25 March 2013 15:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I'll check out your shop!

How do people make money on it? Basically pay to have it "printed" and then add in a margin and sell on a store?
Re: Wow I feel like I've found a worm hole and am looking into the future [message #64841 is a reply to message #64832 ] Mon, 25 March 2013 15:18 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
I work here
That is one method that works for a lot of people. Another method is you can sell straight from the site with your markup added on to the price. I don't live near any flea markets or anything where 3D printed items would sell well. But if I did, I would.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:3D Printing has found a new place in my heart - Wanted to Join a Good Community So, Whats Up!
Next Topic:Hello from Canada!