Home »  » General Discussion » new websites to sell RINGS
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
new websites to sell RINGS [message #64792] Mon, 25 March 2013 04:55 UTC Go to next message
avatar victorrings  is currently offline victorrings
Go to my shop
just went live with 2 new websites featuring RINGS designed in 3d and printed through shapeways.

the first is:

http://renegadesilverringdesign.weebly.com/

marketed to the BIKER or BADASS demographic.

the other is:

http://shinysilverrings.weebly.com/

marketed to sophisticated FUN girls and ladies.

hopefully i can generate some sales!

chris

my website is online at
http://victorrings.weebly.com/
RINGS GALORE!
Re: new websites to sell RINGS [message #64801 is a reply to message #64792 ] Mon, 25 March 2013 10:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Hey Victor,

I took a look at your sites and have some suggestions on how you may make some more sales:

- Hosting your e-commerce sites on a free host doesn't look very professional, especially not in your price range. Does Weebly offer a paid service where you can host on your own domain?

- You sell sterling silver models, but all the high-res images show plastic. It may make visitors doubt the quality of your product, and reluctant to buy.

- It may be worth while to include some more information about yourself (people like to connect to people, not anonymous web services), and about the 3D printing background (to add some 'magic' and explain what people can expect).

Just my $0.02, please let us know how your shops are doing!

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: new websites to sell RINGS [message #64947 is a reply to message #64801 ] Tue, 26 March 2013 22:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar SGDesigns  is currently offline SGDesigns
Go to my shop
Yeah, purchasing your domain name is cheaper then youd think. I got my .com website, I was originally going to get it for 2 years for $24 but I ended up getting it for 5 years at $52. Thats just the domain name and if you know html or know your way around templates, you dont really need to buy their expensive packages. Make sure you use coupon codes available by searchig online for those codes. I purchased my domain name from www.godaddy.com

Bartv - Im gonna show you my site as soon as I get the intro and main page done. Honest criticism is always appreciated.

[Updated on: Tue, 26 March 2013 22:57 UTC]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/SGCustomSilver
Re: new websites to sell RINGS [message #64960 is a reply to message #64947 ] Wed, 27 March 2013 03:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar victorrings  is currently offline victorrings
Go to my shop
thank you for the honest crit. i agree with everything that you are saying.

i am not in a position, or in a financial position, to purchase these domains. this is something that i would like to do in the future and hopefully i will be able to get there. Weebly, which is a nice little website for making websites, has an option to purchase the related domains. 39.95 a year is the basic rate with muti year discounts. i could do more research to find a better deal but i am not sure that it is worth it. quite frankly i am not sure that the whole thing is worth it. are my designs worth the whole expenditure. i am for a bit to cut my losses. then again i could be at the tipping point. with a little bit of an expenditure i could be on the edge of something worthwhile. i am still on that edge trying to figure that out.

did you take a look at shinysilverrings? there i am selling plastic white and pink versions of the rings too. for the other... do you think it is a good idea to even have those images on there? should i just wait until i have silver versions of the rings for sale?

i am working on putting together more information and wrapping it around an enticing narrative. the one thing that i am not sure i want to do with either of these sites is making too much mention of the process to which they are made. in reality i am not sure that my demo even cares... what i am trying to make clear to them is the exclusivity and ultimately customizing.

anyways-
i like the crit and hopefully i can get them ironed out...

p.s. if shapeways had the ability to wrap a decent website around their e-commerce function, then i wouldn't have to go somewhere else to craft my website... in fact i think it would be cool if they did a stratigic partnering with weebly or any other website building site...

p.s.s.
what is the deal with tinkercad going away? this could be another strategic opportunity that shapeways is letting slip through their fingers. why doesn't shapeways take over this product. it looks like they are just letting it go anyways... so come on shapeways... step up.

chris

my website is online at
http://victorrings.weebly.com/
RINGS GALORE!
Re: new websites to sell RINGS [message #64967 is a reply to message #64960 ] Wed, 27 March 2013 08:24 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Hey victorrings,

I can't really comment on your business strategy Smile Some shop owners decide to use only the Shapeways shops front end and focus on marketing to drive traffic to their page.

In general, what seems to work best is to offer pictures of your products in all available materials. That way people know exactly what they're getting. Offering only the plastic rings while you're trying to sell high-end silver models does probably not instill a lot of confidence with your buyers.

On another note, being able to print a model in one material does not guarantee that it's printable in another. At this moment you may run into the scenario where someone buys a silver ring from you (directly from your site), you try to order it at Shapeways and we have to tell you we cannot make it. That's always a tough situation to solve. Better avoid it by creating some test prints Smile

We are looking into ways to make our shops more flexible, but we haven't decided on the right approach yet.

And can't speak for Tinkercad. Buying the software sounds like a cool idea, but as all their developers have been moved to their new project, it will be a product without any support..

Cheers,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways

Previous Topic: Container Question...
Next Topic: How do you add an infill pattern?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.