Home » Community » General Discussion » Can I wash my plastic model?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Can I wash my plastic model? [message #64681] Fri, 22 March 2013 20:12 UTC Go to next message
avatar GarySG  is currently offline GarySG
Go to my shop
Hi awesome 3D community, i'm just wondering if anything drastically bad would happen if I rinsed off my model printed in red plastic, thanks!

"Hm, I'm so hungry I could eat an entire cow. Gerard, fire up the printer!"
Re: Can I wash my plastic model? [message #64743 is a reply to message #64681 ] Sun, 24 March 2013 09:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar joe1029  is currently offline joe1029
Go to my shop
Speaking from personal experience, I haven't seen any difference even showering in my black strong and flexible plastic earrings.

I haven't washed anything in red yet though.
Re: Can I wash my plastic model? [message #64821 is a reply to message #64681 ] Mon, 25 March 2013 13:08 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
With our dying process, the colors shouldn't run. I do have an Alumide piece that my thumb was wet when I touched it, and you could see for a long time where I touched it. But with dyed SF the pores are mostly filled with the dye and shouldn't absorb much water.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:Parametric Parts
Next Topic:3d printers for limited mass production

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.