Home » Community » General Discussion » Missing Piece - How long does it take for Shapeways to resolve?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Missing Piece - How long does it take for Shapeways to resolve? [message #64672] Fri, 22 March 2013 15:29 UTC Go to next message
avatar pwyspianski  is currently offline pwyspianski
Go to all my models
I ordered a complex two-part puzzle and received it on March 14:
http://www.shapeways.com/model/926713/edge-turning-romb-tric ontahedron-etrt-part-1.html
http://www.shapeways.com/model/926715/edge-turning-romb-tric ontahedron-etrt-part-2.html

Of the hundreds of pieces, there was one missing. I confirmed with the designer that the piece should have been included and then reported it to Shapeways on March 15. I complied with the request for photos and other information. The last I've heard is that there is an official complaint #CT-1519 and that when Shapeways determines what caused it they will get back to me. Perhaps I was expecting too much in thinking that this would take a day or two. As the first week of my wait draws to a close with no new information, I would appreciate any insight into how long might it take to "determine the cause" and start a process that results in me having all the parts. I'm really looking forward to getting this awesome puzzle assembled and stickered:
http://twistypuzzles.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2511 5

-Pete
Re: Missing Piece - How long does it take for Shapeways to resolve? [message #64819 is a reply to message #64672 ] Mon, 25 March 2013 13:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Pete-

I'll check into this.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Missing Piece - How long does it take for Shapeways to resolve? [message #64835 is a reply to message #64672 ] Mon, 25 March 2013 15:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar faortobeG  is currently offline faortobeG
Go to all my models
I work here
Hey Pete,

I just wrote you an email regarding this.

Our supply chain was able to track down the missing part and it is being shipped out to you right away.

Regards,
Gary
Re: Missing Piece - How long does it take for Shapeways to resolve? [message #64843 is a reply to message #64835 ] Mon, 25 March 2013 15:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
That is the excellent news, thank you for looking into it. This information will let me immediately proceed with dying some of the pieces.
Re: Missing Piece - How long does it take for Shapeways to resolve? [message #65152 is a reply to message #64843 ] Sat, 30 March 2013 01:34 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
Thanks to Shapeways, I received my piece. So to answer my question in my case: two weeks.

With the piece, I was able to finish my unboxing video so...
Edge-Turning Rhombic Triacontahedron (ETRT) puzzle unboxing.

Previous Topic:Spring thickness?
Next Topic:Working with screw and/or bolts/nuts... help?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.