Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » General Discussion » A little lack of consistency
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
A little lack of consistency [message #64623] Thu, 21 March 2013 20:33 UTC Go to next message
avatar tebee  is currently offline tebee
Go to my shop
I've just had two items rejected in my latest order, now this wouldn't be too bad but the reasons given for rejections were as follows -

Tp1 On16 in White Strong & Flexible
Reason: Thin walls
Additional information: min thickness for free wires is 1 mm
Avr/tp1 in White Strong & Flexible
Reason: Thin walls
Additional information: min thickness for free wires is 0.8 mm

So which is it ? is the min thickness for free wires 0.8 mm or 1mm ?

I thought it was 0.8mm - if so why was my first model rejected ????

Tom
Re: A little lack of consistency [message #64654 is a reply to message #64623 ] Fri, 22 March 2013 13:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
According to the guidelines, .8mm is for supported wires, and 1mm is for unsupported. I thought it was based on length, but I couldn't quickly find that information.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: A little lack of consistency [message #64656 is a reply to message #64654 ] Fri, 22 March 2013 13:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar tebee  is currently offline tebee
Go to my shop
They are both almost the same part - a sprue connecting a detachable part to the main model - the first one was rejected last time for being less than 0.8 mm - it was 0.7996 mm due to rounding errors. I made it 0.82 mm and got it rejected again, but as being less than 1.0 mm this time - has this changed recently ?

Re: A little lack of consistency [message #64659 is a reply to message #64623 ] Fri, 22 March 2013 14:19 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Can you provide an image of the rejected area?
As far as I know, there haven't been any rule changes recently.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:Dragon's Desire Collection
Next Topic:Parametric Parts

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.