Home » Community » Introductions » Greetings from Sunny, Warm Tampa
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Greetings from Sunny, Warm Tampa [message #64459] Wed, 20 March 2013 00:52 UTC Go to next message
avatar TeleBlaster  is currently offline TeleBlaster
Go to all my models
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a small manufacturer in Tampa. I've been eyeing the consumer-level 3D printers for the past couple of years. With the current prices and my current needs, it seems like a good time to get into it. I hope to learn and contribute a bunch to the forum.
Re: Greetings from Sunny, Warm Tampa [message #64482 is a reply to message #64459 ] Wed, 20 March 2013 14:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Welcome, what do you manufacture down there?

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Greetings from Sunny, Warm Tampa [message #64499 is a reply to message #64482 ] Wed, 20 March 2013 17:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
We manufacture the Tactilite and Spartan brands of big-bore, bolt-action upper receivers for AR-15s. We're starting to manufacture lower receivers and other accessories, such as scope mounts, bipods, etc. I've been using some of our suppliers to produce prototypes for me, but that's proven to be costly and slow. The 3D printer, and perhaps shapeways, could make things faster, cheaper and better for me.
Re: Greetings from Sunny, Warm Tampa [message #64500 is a reply to message #64459 ] Wed, 20 March 2013 17:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Unfortunately part of our content policy prohibits weapons or pieces of weapons.

Content Models
We ask that content which could be interpreted by others as inappropriate for a general audience would be kept 'private'. In case of doubt, choose to keep your model "private".

Some examples of content that is prohibited and will be removed (private or public):
Content that may infringe on the rights of a third a party.
Content that contains hate speech in any form.
Content that contains nudity that is not artistic in nature and/or explicit sexual content.
Content that exploits images or the likeness of minors.
Content that depicts violence, is obscene, abusive, fraudulent or threatening.
Content that resembles weapons or weapon accessories (exceptions are made for miniatures, maximum size 10cm).
Material that is generally offensive or in bad taste, as determined by Shapeways.

The list outlined above is not an exhaustive list of prohibited material but rather general guidelines for you to follow.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
Re: Greetings from Sunny, Warm Tampa [message #64566 is a reply to message #64500 ] Thu, 21 March 2013 09:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Noted. I wasn't planning on posting up my work-related prototypes. I'm coming to gain and share knowledge about 3D design, modeling and printing, in general.
Re: Greetings from Sunny, Warm Tampa [message #64572 is a reply to message #64459 ] Thu, 21 March 2013 12:42 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Well that sounds awesome. I just didn't want you to be disappointed if you did a bunch of work that wasn't allowed to be printed. There is a lot of knowledge to be gained here, and we can all always learn some more. What kind of work are you looking to print with Shapeways?

Previous Topic:Greetings From Dragon's Desire!
Next Topic:New to Shapeways!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.