Home »  » 3D modeler needed » Need a 3D model of a brain at +or- 24" in diameter
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Need a 3D model of a brain at +or- 24" in diameter [message #64349] Mon, 18 March 2013 17:17 UTC Go to next message
avatar blawrence5  is currently offline blawrence5
Go to all my models
Hello-

I'm new to this so I'm not sure if it can be done.

I'm looking for a 3D model of a brain at roughly 24" in diameter, hollow and in L/R hemispheres.
The material should be transparent or at least semi transparent as we will be installing
automated LED lights inside. This is for an educational/interactive piece about brain function.

For now I just need a rough quote for the file and finished piece.

Best,

ben
Re: Need a 3D model of a brain at +or- 24" in diameter [message #64361 is a reply to message #64349 ] Mon, 18 March 2013 19:20 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Yes, it "can" be done.. the problem is going to be the price at that size. What you would likely need to do is design it as several "plates" that fit together, because it's right at the edge of the biggest volume that can be printed as a single item.

Sorry to say this, but that's going to be very expensive.. $3000 or more.
http://stonysmith.com/wired/VolumeEstimator.asp?L=600&W= 600&H=300&T=3&S=1

At 6 inches in diameter, it'd still cost $66
http://stonysmith.com/wired/VolumeEstimator.asp?L=150&W= 150&H=75&T=1&S=1

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products

Previous Topic:Basic 3d modeling job
Next Topic:Unique Silicone Wristbands!!! Artist/Modeler needed

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.