Introducing 14k Gold, read more on the blog.
Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Want to pay for a modeler to help us make parts for dental equipment
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Want to pay for a modeler to help us make parts for dental equipment [message #64196] Fri, 15 March 2013 18:14 UTC Go to next message
avatar atlasresell  is currently offline atlasresell
Go to my shop
This is a specialty plastic fitting that we would like to make. I realize that we could machine this part, but I want to run a couple of trials in 3D printing for my business to see if this is cost effective in the long run. My first step is to get a model made.

Is any experienced 3D modeler interested in making this format that Shapeways can print out for me?

Please see the attached PDF for the concept. I can ship the part to you once we reach an agreement.

Thanks much!

Mason Fuller, CEO
Atlas Resell Management

Thread spacing from trough to trough:2mm
Threads are tapered to a triangular point

Cylinder Height: 53mm
Base Width: 47mm
Top Width: 42mm
Inside diameter: 39mm
Base Diameter: 48mm
Min Cylinder Wall Thickness: 2mm
Max Cylinder Wall Thickness: 5mm

[Updated on: Fri, 15 March 2013 20:28 UTC]

Re: Want to pay for a modeler to help us make parts for dental equipment [message #64208 is a reply to message #64196 ] Fri, 15 March 2013 19:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
What dimensions are you looking for. I know you included a coin in the picture, but accurate dimensions (particularly on the threads) would be critical for making this.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Want to pay for a modeler to help us make parts for dental equipment [message #64213 is a reply to message #64208 ] Fri, 15 March 2013 20:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar atlasresell  is currently offline atlasresell
Go to my shop
Hi, Yes that is a good point. Here are some pertinent dimensions:

Thread spacing from trough to trough:2mm
Threads are tapered to a triangular point

Cylinder Height: 53mm
Base Width: 47mm
Top Width: 42mm
Inside diameter: 39mm
Base Diameter: 48mm
Min Cylinder Wall Thickness: 2mm
Max Cylinder Wall Thickness: 5mm

Does this help?

Thanks,

Mason
Re: Want to pay for a modeler to help us make parts for dental equipment [message #64220 is a reply to message #64196 ] Fri, 15 March 2013 22:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar JACANT  is currently offline JACANT
Go to my shop
The question about 'screw threads' has been asked before. It is not feasible below M6 according to @wiwa
Take a look at this thread
http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=6264 2&&srch=jacant#msg_62642

jacantdesign@gmail.com
Re: Want to pay for a modeler to help us make parts for dental equipment [message #64254 is a reply to message #64220 ] Sat, 16 March 2013 14:11 UTC Go to previous message
avatar denali3ddesign  is currently offline denali3ddesign
Go to my shop
Hi Mason,

I can help you with this. I have successfully printed 1/4" threads from Shapeways (thread spacing 1.27mm trough to trough).

If you PM or email me (marcus @ denali3ddesign .com), I'll be happy to show example photos and discuss further.

-Marcus

-Marcus

Previous Topic:Quilt block charms:)
Next Topic:Wedding Cake Toppers