Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Automatic color model rejection
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Automatic color model rejection [message #63848] Tue, 12 March 2013 02:24 UTC Go to next message
avatar 2brostudio  is currently offline 2brostudio
Go to all my models
I've been trying to upload my full color model that I created in Blender. I followed 2 separate Blender tutorials. I changed the model to mimic the one on shapeways, meaning I have each blender unit representing 1 millimeter. I also followed all the instructions listed in the full color tutorial, meaning I exported it to .x3d, put only the texture file and model into a .zip folder, named it the same as the model, and tried uploading the .zip to be recognized in millimeters. I get an email that the model is being processed and an email stating that the upload failed with no indication of what went wrong. I've tried a lot of different ideas, from changing the name of the model to different sizes/measurement options. I would very much appreciate some sort of help or troubleshooting.
Re: Automatic color model rejection [message #63849 is a reply to message #63848 ] Tue, 12 March 2013 04:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Open the X3D in Notepad or some other text editor.
Search for the name of the texture file.

If it looks like this:
c:\users\yourname\documents\whatever\whatever\texture.jpg

you need to change it to be only
texture.jpg

Save the X3D file and put it back into the ZIP..then try uploading

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Automatic color model rejection [message #63943 is a reply to message #63849 ] Wed, 13 March 2013 00:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Thanks for the help, however after many tries it still hasn't worked. I went into the actual model this time and applied it to a material, I forgot to do that the first time. I went into the actual file and double checked the actual name of the texture, uploaded, didn't work. I changed the url for where the texture was located, didn't work. I've just made some improvement though, I've tried importing/exporting it in Blender and something is not going correctly because the texture is not showing. I believe something got messed up with the blend file itself, I'll post again to see whether or not this works out.
Re: Automatic color model rejection [message #64032 is a reply to message #63943 ] Wed, 13 March 2013 20:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Keymaker  is currently offline Keymaker
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
can you share files with us?

The only thing that limits us is our imagination.
Re: Automatic color model rejection [message #64038 is a reply to message #64032 ] Wed, 13 March 2013 22:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Keymaker wrote on Wed, 13 March 2013 20:47

can you share files with us?

No problem, I've attatched a zip with 2 different versions of the model, the texture, and a readme.

After working all last night on the model, I still haven't made any headway with it uploading.

Re: Automatic color model rejection [message #64045 is a reply to message #64038 ] Wed, 13 March 2013 23:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Keymaker  is currently offline Keymaker
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
how big it should be?
i have opened "original" and it was too small. and when i scale it up 10x it work as it should work.
http://shpws.me/ntK3

edit: i guess you should choose, in upload menu, meters as basic unit not mm

[Updated on: Thu, 14 March 2013 00:01 UTC]

The only thing that limits us is our imagination.
Re: Automatic color model rejection [message #64048 is a reply to message #64045 ] Thu, 14 March 2013 01:20 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
Keymaker wrote on Wed, 13 March 2013 23:56

how big it should be?
i have opened "original" and it was too small. and when i scale it up 10x it work as it should work.
http://shpws.me/ntK3

edit: i guess you should choose, in upload menu, meters as basic unit not mm

You know, I knew it had to be some basic mistake I just kept overlooking. I still don't know why the email wasn't saying it was way too small, but either way it appears it's working now. It's finally uploading, so thanks for the help!

Previous Topic:STL File Displays Fine, VRML File Is Strange
Next Topic:Safety of the 3D image viewer

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.