Home » Developers » Shapeways API » Obtain an amount of material used for my model
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Obtain an amount of material used for my model [message #63850] Tue, 12 March 2013 06:21 UTC Go to next message
avatar garikello  is currently offline garikello
Go to all my models
Hi Shapeways,

is it possible anyhow to get the amount of material that will be used for printing an uploaded model? Are planning to offer such functionality in the future?

Thanx.
Re: Obtain an amount of material used for my model [message #63888 is a reply to message #63850 ] Tue, 12 March 2013 14:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Not sure what you're asking. If you want the RAW materials, that's not the service that Shapeways is offering. They only offer the finished, printed model.

If you are asking how much volume will your model consume (and thereby the cost).. that is listed on the webage for the model after you upload it.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Obtain an amount of material used for my model [message #63999 is a reply to message #63888 ] Wed, 13 March 2013 16:06 UTC Go to previous message
avatar admin_nathan  is currently offline admin_nathan
Go to my shop
I code here
Hey garikello,

We're hard at work on the API and looking to incorporate many more features in the near future. A model's volume, area and bounding box will be available via the API (hopefully very soon!)

- Nathan

Previous Topic:Sandbox for testing against the API?
Next Topic:Java API