Home » Support » 3D Printing » Break me connectors?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Break me connectors? [message #63801] Mon, 11 March 2013 12:08 UTC Go to next message
avatar OBjuan  is currently offline OBjuan
Go to my shop
I'm wondering what the measurements should be for breakable connection wires?

Sadly, the metals do not yet allow us to print interlocking parts, as a result I'd like to make some of my designs, with temporary connecting wires that are as thin as possible to survive the print process, and then be easily broken upon arrival.

Does anyone have any experience on what dimensions thin little connectors should be?

Thanks,
Ocean

the future merges with the past, and we are provided ever new opportunities to reinvent the now . . .
Re: Break me connectors? [message #63809 is a reply to message #63801 ] Mon, 11 March 2013 13:32 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
They'd have to be at least as thick as the minimum thickness required for the material.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:Getting the volume discount for WSF
Next Topic:question about exposure to electricity

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.