Home » Community » General Discussion » Ideas For Desktop buddy
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon5.gif  Ideas For Desktop buddy [message #63408] Thu, 07 March 2013 06:16 UTC Go to next message
avatar AtlasPro  is currently offline AtlasPro
Go to all my models
I was searching and was disappointed that I didn't see any models or figurines thats sits on your desktop screen.
My suggestions are :
Link (from Zelda)
Anime Characters
Pokemon Characters
Assassins Creed Altair
Resident Evil Monster/Characters

And Many More!!

Post some more to let someone know!!! Very Happy
Re: Ideas For Desktop buddy [message #63588 is a reply to message #63408 ] Fri, 08 March 2013 19:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar m_sill  is currently offline m_sill
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
Hi there,

I actually created a desktop buddy about a year ago or so. http://shpws.me/lreZ It is for sale if you're interested. Unfortunately, even though you're suggestions are awesome, I believe what you mentioned would fall under copyright infringement. (Would someone else care to clarify if that's correct?)

Cheers,
M_Sill

mikesill.net mikesill.net/business
Re: Ideas For Desktop buddy [message #63604 is a reply to message #63588 ] Fri, 08 March 2013 21:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Didn't think that one through.... Isn't there a way perhaps to get the "ok" to make such things? Confused
Re: Ideas For Desktop buddy [message #63689 is a reply to message #63604 ] Sat, 09 March 2013 20:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Innovo  is currently offline Innovo
Go to my shop
AtlasPro wrote on Fri, 08 March 2013 21:18

Didn't think that one through.... Isn't there a way perhaps to get the "ok" to make such things? Confused

Sure there is! It's called ''product licensing'' I believe...

Innovation & Design

http://www.etsy.com/shop/InnovoDesign
www.facebook.com/byInnovoDesign
Re: Ideas For Desktop buddy [message #63717 is a reply to message #63689 ] Sun, 10 March 2013 04:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Well with that as the route to go, million dollar idea right here. XD Maybe even add this to the pokemon franchise lol
Re: Ideas For Desktop buddy [message #63805 is a reply to message #63408 ] Mon, 11 March 2013 12:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Sounds like some people need to read the content policy in the terms and conditions

http://www.shapeways.com/legal/content_policy

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Ideas For Desktop buddy [message #63816 is a reply to message #63805 ] Mon, 11 March 2013 17:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I see so even if you got the Product Licensing still can't do it... Even when if it was an original work of your favorite character?
Re: Ideas For Desktop buddy [message #63817 is a reply to message #63408 ] Mon, 11 March 2013 17:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
If you have the rights to produce it, it's fine, as long as you abide by any agreement you have with the owner. If the owner asks us to take it down, we take it down. And you assume all legal responsibility.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Ideas For Desktop buddy [message #63818 is a reply to message #63817 ] Mon, 11 March 2013 17:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I see... So in other words its really up to the owner even when the owner permits you to create such things to sell there will be some issues either way? Then don't do it general is what I'm being lead to. TT_TT
Re: Ideas For Desktop buddy [message #63823 is a reply to message #63818 ] Mon, 11 March 2013 18:32 UTC Go to previous message
avatar FabMeJewelry  is currently offline FabMeJewelry
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
You could use figurines that already exist after you made an agreement with the owner so he can take most of your earnings Crying or Very Sad

But i think it would be way more fun to create your own figurine and make it a success so you can sell the Product Licensing of your figurine to some talented movie/game maker Surprised

3Dprinted figurines coming soon to theaters in 3D !

Wesley Günter - FabMeJewelry.com - Set a course, for the future !

Previous Topic:checking prints
Next Topic:Min Escape Hole WSF

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.