Home » Community » General Discussion » coloring white strong flexible plastic?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
coloring white strong flexible plastic? [message #63494] Thu, 07 March 2013 22:46 UTC Go to next message
avatar peea_grow  is currently offline peea_grow
Go to all my models
somebody knows if its possible to colour the material white strong flexible plastic?
Re: colouring white strong flexible plastic? [message #63515 is a reply to message #63494 ] Fri, 08 March 2013 02:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar orange3D  is currently offline orange3D
Go to my shop
I've tried spraying on Tamiya Grey Primer from a spray can and it seems to stick on well. Most hobby paints should then stick on to the Tamiya Grey Primer without any problem.
One thing to watch out for though, because white strong flexible plastic is flexible, the paint has to be sort of flexible or it might flake off.

Blogging at orange3dplastic.blogspot.com
Online store o3dminiatures.com
Re: colouring white strong flexible plastic? [message #63537 is a reply to message #63494 ] Fri, 08 March 2013 07:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Acrylic paint goes straight onto WSF without any primer needed, I've taken to using Humbrol acrylic in a spray can although diluted artists acylic works well too.

Paul
Re: colouring white strong flexible plastic? [message #63538 is a reply to message #63494 ] Fri, 08 March 2013 07:47 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Well.. the materials such as HotPink, Strong, Flexible are nothing more than WSF that has been dyed.

There's a couple of forum threads that go into a rather deep discussion of the alchemy required to get good coloring.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products

Previous Topic:Science News cover story on 3DP mentions Shapeways
Next Topic:3d printing pen

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.