Home » Community » General Discussion » Building Models - Basic Legal Questions
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Building Models - Basic Legal Questions [message #63464] Thu, 07 March 2013 19:16 UTC Go to next message
avatar robertbonenfant  is currently offline robertbonenfant
Go to all my models
I have some questions about modeling buildings & Items from Games or Movies.
Would you run into legal issues lets say taking a item from a popular game and Modeling it & Selling a Model that looks like the item from the Game.
If i model a popular starbucks location and sell the model is there any legal issues i could run into ??? What If I didnt add the full logo
Just some qq i had
Re: Building Models - Basic Legal Questions [message #63478 is a reply to message #63464 ] Thu, 07 March 2013 20:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar robertbonenfant  is currently offline robertbonenfant
Go to all my models
I guess i found my answer
http://www.shapeways.com/model/886040/starbucks.html?li=prod uctBox-search
Re: Building Models - Basic Legal Questions [message #63483 is a reply to message #63464 ] Thu, 07 March 2013 20:57 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
The answer is:
By uploading your 3D design, you warrant that it is your original creation and not copied from any third party and/or entity. You warrant that your User Generated Content will not infringe the intellectual property rights of third parties. Should your User Generated Content nevertheless be found to be infringing and/or in violation of any law, you will defend Shapeways against third party claims, and be held liable for all (direct and indirect) damages and costs incurred by Shapeways with respect to such claims.

Found in the terms and conditions that every user agrees to.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:Ceramic is not an option
Next Topic:3D Printing - Pfft, that's so last year!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.