Home » Community » General Discussion » Did the price of printing/materials rise?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Did the price of printing/materials rise? [message #63180] Mon, 04 March 2013 13:19 UTC Go to next message
avatar SpikmanDesign  is currently offline SpikmanDesign
Go to my shop
A short question:

I have put a 3d design within my shop and the starting price was €8,99 to sell the design. After printing more of the same design I found out the printing price rised in my shop with €0,30.. How is that possible? (I am not talking about the 3,5% I have to pay extra).

Maybe someone knows the answer?
Re: Did the price of printing/materials rise? [message #63181 is a reply to message #63180 ] Mon, 04 March 2013 13:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
All items prices are based on US dollars, so as the value of the Euro against the dollar fluctuates, so will your price in Euros.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Did the price of printing/materials rise? [message #63187 is a reply to message #63181 ] Mon, 04 March 2013 14:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Ah ok that makes sense. Thanks
Re: Did the price of printing/materials rise? [message #63196 is a reply to message #63181 ] Mon, 04 March 2013 16:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Youknowwho4eva wrote on Mon, 04 March 2013 13:40

All items prices are based on US dollars, so as the value of the Euro against the dollar fluctuates, so will your price in Euros.

No, wrong.

Shapeways advertised materials and shipping pricing is in USD.

EU member country visitors are charged something different to the advertised price = Euros, which fluctuate according to when and how much Shapeways set their exchange rate to.

This has nothing to do with pricing being based on USD.
It has everything to do with someone's choice of not allowing (or not checking that) the relevant software is capable of providing the choice of currency to Shapeways users.

Consider this, Shapeways pay out in USD yet expect Euro in return.
Paul

[Updated on: Mon, 04 March 2013 16:51 UTC]

Re: Did the price of printing/materials rise? [message #63197 is a reply to message #63196 ] Mon, 04 March 2013 17:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Ok thanks for your reply Paul. I see there is room for improvement..
Re: Did the price of printing/materials rise? [message #63198 is a reply to message #63197 ] Mon, 04 March 2013 17:09 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
yeah, sorry for the ranty post, its something that changed ~6 months ago, has not been changed back, and keeps cropping up every so often.

Paul

Previous Topic:New to Shapeways, Multiple parts
Next Topic:software that automatically check the minimum wall thickness