Home » Community » It arrived! » Computer Expansion slot covers (Free to download)
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Computer Expansion slot covers (Free to download) [message #63064] Fri, 01 March 2013 22:02 UTC
avatar bluelinegecko  is currently offline bluelinegecko
Go to my shop
Got these in today with part of my order. I was in need of a simple expansion slot block off plate for quite some time. Sure I could have bought a metal one pretty cheap, but I figured why not take some quick measurements, add this to an order, and have some printed.

It is such a simple design that I set the model to allow free downloads and the file is available through my shop "commission free" so the price you see is what Shapeways charges to print. Don't know if this will help anyone else out or not.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/932584/computer-expansion-slo t-cover-plates.html?li=productBox-search

Feel free to modify/personalize it to your hearts content. Due to the handling fee for printing I included 4 plates in this design to reduce the cost per plate. You can increase the number of plates if you want to further reduce the price for each one. (the volume for each of the plates is 2 cm3)

I ordered mine in alumide to give it a more metal look. I figured the aluminum material may also help slightly with any electromagnetic interference issues.

index.php?t=getfile&id=28294&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=28295&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=28296&private=0

A very poor blurry picture of 2 installed in a hopefully less dusty computer in the future.
index.php?t=getfile&id=28297&private=0

• Attachment: blockoff1.png
    (Size: 504.87KB, Downloaded 173 time(s))

• Attachment: blockoff2.png
    (Size: 524.78KB, Downloaded 172 time(s))

• Attachment: blockoff3.png
    (Size: 508.45KB, Downloaded 169 time(s))

• Attachment: blockoff4.png
    (Size: 366.51KB, Downloaded 171 time(s))

Previous Topic:Half Life Cop
Next Topic:Silver Valentine's Forget-Me-Not Flower Heart - Finishng touches

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.